GDT: New Jersey at Philadelphia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Santini got the call up after injuries just like Coleman. Unless they put someone on IR Coleman will be in the A tomorrow.

I agree with every single thing you said about Santini. But i have a really hard time believing they keep out any one of Merrill Greene Severson Quincey Lovejoy or Moore if they are all healthy for Santini when they can get get him is development time. Hopefully im wrong but i doubt it.

If they put Moore in over him, then they are clueless and I have zero hope for the team's future. He has played too well to get sent down or sit for scrubs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No way Santini should be sent back to Albany when anybody gets healthy.

Santini has been a valuable contributor since he's been up, Coleman was just up as another body on forward.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but it really should not happen. Barring his play regressing and dropping off like Auvitu wound up doing.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Wood is an animal. Love this kid. Great finish by Zacha, too. Zajac, though. One goal in his last 25 games... playing 19+min in almost every single one. But he backchecks hard so it's alright. :facepalm:

It'd be really nice if Shero could get something for Kinkaid at the trade deadline... better than losing him for nothing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Santini got the call up after injuries just like Coleman. Unless they put someone on IR Coleman will be in the A tomorrow.

I agree with every single thing you said about Santini. But i have a really hard time believing they keep out any one of Merrill Greene Severson Quincey Lovejoy or Moore if they are all healthy for Santini when they can get get him is development time. Hopefully im wrong but i doubt it.

If they're that worried about getting Santini development time then send down Wood too. They're both basically in the same boat - rookies in their first pro season making a contribution to a team back in the playoff hunt.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Zajac can't score goals and be our best defenseman at the same time.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
"Wood had his worst game of the season and fell down more than ever. Wouldn't be surprised if he responds tonight and gets another breakaway goal."

Called it :)

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Excellent team game by the Devils last night. Too bad we don't play the Flyers more often. And I'm with the majority that it would be a mistake to send Santini down. If that happens we have to question Shero & Hynes decision making. Also a good sign to see our kids contributing.

Camille the Eel

OK. There were some shaky moments, but for the most part it was acceptable.

The flyers D, on the other hand... They must be the only team in the league that can make our PP look competent.

Don't forget Kinkaid - there were about eight minutes mid-second period, including two or three penalty kills, where goal keeping held the game for us. If he doesn't come up big there I doubt we win.

We took advantage but the hip check by Gudas on Wood that the refs called as a slew foot, and the simultaneous unsportsmanlike call on Simmons that gave us the 5 on 3 also turned the game. But hell, the refs have been murder on us, and what goes around comes around. And finally we DID take advantage.

How many 5 on 3s have we squandered this year in other games, god only knows.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Let's be honest about Zajac - he's not a #1 center caliber player, but he's a fine defensive player with some playmaking ability that is the kind of player who can help a team win (as a #2 center on a good team or a #3 center on a really good team).

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Zajac has had a very good year. Everyone knows he isn't a 1C. We'll be a good team again when Zacha passes him on the depth chart.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Don't worry, won't take long until he gets another lucky assist then people will be able to act like he's a god.

Same old schtick. When he's an actual detriment to the team, talk to us then.

Everyone knows what Zajac is except for you and perhaps one other specific poster. If you can't grasp his role on this team at this stage, then that's on you. Stop acting like he's been a problem when we're on a 4-1-1 stretch right now and was one of our better players during the rough point of the season also.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Zacha, Wood and Santini are absolute beauties with more on the way, best I've felt about the organization since 2012.

oxman44

Dec 1, 2015
Hunterdon
The whole shift from Zacha was great. strong on his stick on the forecheck to keep possession, then pokes the loose puck back to JJ and of course the finish. super soft hands.

Wood couldnt be any more fun to watch. I really think hes the exact player this team needed. Yea we know he needs work but, His fearlessness and ability affect what other teams do are intangibles that you love to see from a rookie. Hes gotta be one of the fastest guys in the NHL. We just saw he has the ability to absolutely wreck a game when its all working.

The future is bright. I cant wait to get Blandisi back up here. Just like wood, when he puts it together hes a game changer. With those two guys, the speed and playmaking coming up at center, and the smarts and skill at RW, we could be a reeeaaal good team in a few years

mike30

Jul 17, 2014
New York
C2yZZCeUUAAz_ED.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad