GDT: New Japan/Stardom Thread - Life Post-Okada

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She botches a ton of stuff, does not mean she is necessarily a dangerous worker. Her stuff looks bad most of the time because she botches a lot. She can tell a good story in the ring and she can have VERY good matches with the right opponent. She is not a ring general.

Her promos are absolute crap.

She has a following though and she DOES have presence/charisma. I do not think she is as big a star as some people think. WWE would not have let her go that easily if they thought she was worth the headache.
Good news then, she’s in a place where she can get better. You can’t be an A-player here and not be good enough. Kairi’s had like 3 better matches since being back in Stardom than pretty much all of her WWE ones.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
I have never watched a Wrestle Kingdom however thanks to the AEW/NJPW cross-promotional stuff in 2022 I am intrigued and will keep an eye on torrent sites.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It is one of those things that only time will really tell. If she is going about this with the right mindset and is willing to break out of the WWE mold she could really really improve herself and become a more well rounded wrestler. I have never been a big fan of womens wrestling in general so never got overly invested in any of the big women as they were coming up but she obviously has a big name and stage presence. If she is going about this with a Moxley like mentality it will be absolute money. But if she is going to try and just transplant WWE Sasha into New Japan/AEW it probably won't be as good lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Look at how entitled she constantly acts and you'll understand why I asked the question in the first place.
I can’t predict the future about how she views the other women in Stardom, not a single one of them are entitled even a little bit. She comes from a system that is subservient to those deemed worthy of being entitled. But you don’t get to even a high-level indy without doing actual work.

The times she’s taken off, she goes to Japan, Mexico. Goes back to Amazing Red. That was done on her own accord. Most people just go to the nice and cushy performance center.

You think Charlotte is ever showing up in New Japan? How you think she reacts to one of Syuri’s kicks?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I can’t predict the future about how she views the other women in Stardom, not a single one of them are entitled even a little bit. She comes from a system that is subservient to those deemed worthy of being entitled. But you don’t get to even a high-level indy without doing actual work.

The times she’s taken off, she goes to Japan, Mexico. Goes back to Amazing Red. That was done on her own accord. Most people just go to the nice and cushy performance center.

You think Charlotte is ever showing up in New Japan? How you think she reacts to one of Syuri’s kicks?
Charlotte would certainly not go to NJPW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Charlotte would work stiff for 5 minutes and then start shooting like she did when she thought Kairi sandbagged her.

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
The Sasha haters are weird. Like if you dont like her thats fine but the assumptions and logical leaps it takes to get there is strange

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Sasha haters are weird. Like if you dont like her thats fine but the assumptions and logical leaps it takes to get there is strange
If you want to see weird people, look at her stan army on Twitter. THAT'S weird!

I feel like my criticism of her is valid. I do not "hate" her. I just think she is not as good as some believe and definitely not as big of a star as she sees herself.

Reactions: Grackle Party

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
If you want to see weird people, look at her stan army on Twitter. THAT'S weird!

I feel like my criticism of her is valid. I do not "hate" her. I just think she is not as good as some believe and definitely not as big of a star as she sees herself.
The stans are weird too for sure! I guess in general im not sure why shes so polarizing

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

A lot of her haters are just as crazy as her stans. Twitter turns into an utter cesspool whenever she comes up.

Not the only female wrestler with wacky Stan armies either. The women seem to attract the weird ones on social media

Feel like a lot of the discourse around women's wrestling turns ugly a lot.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Smh Okada winning

Okada was always winning. Okadawinslol.

Weird that Anderson airbrushed over the OC graphics on his tights (but still wore an OC shirt) wonder if that was a NJPW or WWE call.

Ospreay-Omega was awesome as expected. I enjoyed the Jr. Tag match as well.

Not sure what his contract is but rumors are swirling about White being in the Rumble. Especially with this loser leaves Japan match with Hikuleo now. He would be buried/misused in WWE (Probably in AEW too (although not as bad). Might even have his named changed too. He needs to stay in Japan.

Damn the English version of WrestleKingdom has been downloaded 900 times already from the place I go to

Honestly I know most of the outcomes before
FTR was obvious
Okada was obvious
Omega was obvious
Tanga was obvious
Sabre jr was obvious

But I follow NJPW

I didn't think Omega was obvious. But the rest definitely were. I actually skipped the Stardom, ZSJ and 6 man tag matches.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Sasha Banks music was one of the worst wrestling entrance themes I've ever heard.

It was a shitty sample of Jump by Kriss Kross. :laugh:

And the "Money" ad libs over it were cringe.

Uploaded Ospreay entrance on IG. Not feeling the new music

It was his old theme. He used it when he was a Jr. and was nicknamed The Aerial Assassin hence "Return of the Assassin" on the tron.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
A lot of her haters are just as crazy as her stans. Twitter turns into an utter cesspool whenever she comes up.

Not the only female wrestler with wacky Stan armies either. The women seem to attract the weird ones on social media

Feel like a lot of the discourse around women's wrestling turns ugly a lot.
You can’t tell me any of this is surprising to you.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was a shitty sample of Jump by Kriss Kross. :laugh:

And the "Money" ad libs over it were cringe.

It was his old theme. He used it when he was a Jr. and was nicknamed The Aerial Assassin hence "Return of the Assassin" on the tron.
I immediately thought of Kriss Kross too

Okada was always winning. Okadawinslol.

Weird that Anderson airbrushed over the OC graphics on his tights (but still wore an OC shirt) wonder if that was a NJPW or WWE call.

Ospreay-Omega was awesome as expected. I enjoyed the Jr. Tag match as well.

Not sure what his contract is but rumors are swirling about White being in the Rumble. Especially with this loser leaves Japan match with Hikuleo now. He would be buried/misused in WWE (Probably in AEW too (although not as bad). Might even have his named changed too. He needs to stay in Japan.

I didn't think Omega was obvious. But the rest definitely were. I actually skipped the Stardom, ZSJ and 6 man tag matches.
Jay White supposedly signed an absurdly long deal whenever he did that, I don’t think he’s anywhere close to being a free agent. By the same token, we don’t know what the make-good is for letting Karl Anderson do the show instead of vacating the title.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
You might be right that he's best off in Japan but I would definitely mark out if he shows up in the Rumble. Based on GKJs post above, it would likely only be a one off appearance but it'd still be cool to see.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is he as popular to the North American audience as AJ Styles was before WWE?
I bet it’s close. I think New Japan is more popular in the US now than TNA was when AJ left. I have nothing to back that up with though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad