GDT: New Japan/Stardom Thread - Life Post-Okada

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Her debut/return would have been a lot better if it wasn’t a morgue. It just felt super awkward with how quiet the arena was (not sure if they’re allowed to cheer/make noise anymore)

If she waited for the return in North America it would feel different, especially with the fans.

She looked like a star, was presented like a star but the crowd made it seem completely flat. I can’t explain it.

Ospreay/Omega was fantastic, probably would have had Will go over but it was f***ing awesome.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
That debut was gloriously bland..the crowd non reactions during her promo was the best part

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Damn the English version of WrestleKingdom has been downloaded 900 times already from the place I go to

Honestly I know most of the outcomes before
FTR was obvious
Okada was obvious
Omega was obvious
Tanga was obvious
Sabre jr was obvious

But I follow NJPW

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Her debut/return would have been a lot better if it wasn’t a morgue. It just felt super awkward with how quiet the arena was (not sure if they’re allowed to cheer/make noise anymore)

If she waited for the return in North America it would feel different, especially with the fans.

She looked like a star, was presented like a star but the crowd made it seem completely flat. I can’t explain it.

Ospreay/Omega was fantastic, probably would have had Will go over but it was f***ing awesome.
They’re allowed to make noise, it’s still generally muted, and they reacted to the video reveal, but it’s still Japan. Japan audiences don’t react to anything the same way they do in North America. Doing it in Japan got attention to their biggest show since it wasn’t a well-kept secret.
Okada winning, that’s what had to happen since this was billed as the Inoki Memorial Show.

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
Damn, you spend a lot of energy on someone you don’t like if you’re searching Twitter for no-name randos. Not even the dude who constantly posted about Eric Bischoff does that.
I like Sasha just fine..and I wasn't searching random tweets about her,that tweet was 1 of many on a wrestling site about her debut and botch. [WATCH] Mercedes Moné (Sasha Banks) botches new finisher on NJPW debut next time ill ask your approval and permission to post something since you are such a good judge of people posting here and know exactly everythin about them

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

This is awesome, from both of them. This is the Omega we need to see again in AEW character wise and that would require getting him away from the Bucks for a while. Just make him a tweener final boss with Callis at his side and let the Bucks do their own thing. Especially now that he has the US Championship I wouldn't be putting the trio titles on the Elite next week. Though I did see someone say that they could have United Empire take the trios belts off the Elite in England, which would be cool to see.

Reactions: Troublesome 85

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

This is awesome, from both of them. This is the Omega we need to see again in AEW character wise and that would require getting him away from the Bucks for a while. Just make him a tweener final boss with Callis at his side and let the Bucks do their own thing. Especially now that he has the US Championship I wouldn't be putting the trio titles on the Elite next week. Though I did see someone say that they could have United Empire take the trios belts off the Elite in England, which would be cool to see.

It is the only version of Omega that works. You want the guy to be a mega star? Get him as far away from the Bucks as possible.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
While you are absolutely right, the guy he quoted is not wrong either.

I know you are a big Sasha fan, but she kinda sucks.
Yes he is. The only person she’s ever injured was Paige, and Paige was adamant that it wasn’t her fault. No one has ever been scared to work her that’s been known to date. She’s also trained with some of these women in Stardom, so good news, she’ll get better. She’s never buried anyone best to my recollection in terms of blaming them for botches, she barely speaks to people.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like Sasha just fine..and I wasn't searching random tweets about her,that tweet was 1 of many on a wrestling site about her debut and botch. [WATCH] Mercedes Moné (Sasha Banks) botches new finisher on NJPW debut next time ill ask your approval and permission to post something since you are such a good judge of people posting here and know exactly everythin about them
If anyone cared what someone with 34 followers thought, they’d follow them. And that’s just in general, we had to make a thread on the Flyers board for that stuff.

As far as the move, I don’t know what it is and it didn’t look good, and it should not have been done until the match. Looked like Kairi was supposed to sit up, but like I said, good news is working in Stardom, she can only get better because those girls are better then anyone in WWE save for Asuka (who is the only one people said was better than her at working during her time there). She trained there during her previous sabbatical, too.

Otherwise, show me someone who got a good match out of both Carmella and Alexa.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton

Which members tho?

Aaron Henare needs a belt imo

Id do Henare, Cobb and Ospreay since none of them have titles ATM. Khan is the revro champ and Akira and TJP are tag champs

mrmovies779

Feb 5, 2013
If anyone cared what someone with 34 followers thought, they’d follow them. And that’s just in general, we had to make a thread on the Flyers board for that stuff.

As far as the move, I don’t know what it is and it didn’t look good, and it should not have been done until the match. Looked like Kairi was supposed to sit up, but like I said, good news is working in Stardom, she can only get better because those girls are better then anyone in WWE save for Asuka (who is the only one people said was better than her at working during her time there). She trained there during her previous sabbatical, too.

Otherwise, show me someone who got a good match out of both Carmella and Alexa.
You seem super sensitive about Sasha. chill out dude and breathe lol

Reactions: Jussi

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Yes he is. The only person she’s ever injured was Paige, and Paige was adamant that it wasn’t her fault. No one has ever been scared to work her that’s been known to date. She’s also trained with some of these women in Stardom, so good news, she’ll get better. She’s never buried anyone best to my recollection in terms of blaming them for botches, she barely speaks to people.
She botches a ton of stuff, does not mean she is necessarily a dangerous worker. Her stuff looks bad most of the time because she botches a lot. She can tell a good story in the ring and she can have VERY good matches with the right opponent. She is not a ring general.

Her promos are absolute crap.

She has a following though and she DOES have presence/charisma. I do not think she is as big a star as some people think. WWE would not have let her go that easily if they thought she was worth the headache.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad