New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Feels like they're waiting on Keefe to decide what he's doing, and Woodcroft is the backup option.

Has Woodcroft been linked to other openings yet?

You'd have to think Woodcroft wants to be HC of devils as 1st choice too, so he's willing to wait...if that's the case.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Feels like they're waiting on Keefe to decide what he's doing, and Woodcroft is the backup option.

Elliott mentioned him super early with San Jose, but I'm not sure he ever interviewed.

Honestly, after between his firing and interviewing with the devils, it feels like it was crazy radio silence on him outside of the IIHF gig

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Considering the guy is doing make up infomercials, he's probably doing every job opening right now. It sucks cause he should still be coaching Edmonton so I get why he wants to get back into a job ASAP

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I'm kinda surprised that the search has gone on this long. 3 teams have already filled their vacancies and I'm sure the other remaining teams will start to fill their vacancies very soon.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
I'm kinda surprised that the search has gone on this long. 3 teams have already filled their vacancies and I'm sure the other remaining teams will start to fill their vacancies very soon.
Yeah, I think Fitz is waiting for the perfect candidate but he has to exercise caution when doing this. We don't want to wait too long and everybody of note gets signed and we get left holding an empty bag. If someone signs Woodcroft and Keefe decides he doesn't want to coach right now that would be a giant fumble on Fitz.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I may be in the weeds, but I can’t help to feel, that this long search has less to do with “due diligence” and its more an issue with the group think (management).

In my estimation, that’s also why the media has had trouble predicting led candidates. Some have even gone on to say that management is split on various coaches.

I think it’s a bad look for the organization. In theory, the Devils should be a top coaching destination, but you have a meddlesome management/ownership group. Now they look indecisive.

Reactions: glenwo2

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Berube was my top choice, but between Keefe or Woodcroft, good with both. Lean Woodcroft though.
Why Woodcroft? Seemed he was cut quickly in Edmonton wonder if anyone knows why outside of goalie play as Knoblouch seemed to get team to play better or was that just Skinner?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yeah I don’t get the woodcroft enthusiasm. I mean if he gets hired I’ll be open to seeing what he can do, but I don’t feel confident one way or the other.

Reactions: Darkauron

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
IMG_9543.jpeg

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Why Woodcroft? Seemed he was cut quickly in Edmonton wonder if anyone knows why outside of goalie play as Knoblouch seemed to get team to play better or was that just Skinner?
It really was only goaltending. EDM has always, always been incredible 5 on 5. Their 5 on 5 play hasnt gotten much better under the new coach.

EDM to start the year with Woodcroft had horrific goaltending and their all work PP was at like 17% for Woodcroft. Thats it really, everything else was pretty good lol

Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I may be in the weeds, but I can’t help to feel, that this long search has less to do with “due diligence” and its more an issue with the group think (management).

In my estimation, that’s also why the media has had trouble predicting led candidates. Some have even gone on to say that management is split on various coaches.

I think it’s a bad look for the organization. In theory, the Devils should be a top coaching destination, but you have a meddlesome management/ownership group. Now they look indecisive.

This is certainly the pessimistic way to view things.

I have no problem with them taking their time. There is no need to rush the decision. It could be related to Woodcroft currently coaching at the Worlds. It could be that they’re waiting to see if Keefe wants to coach or not. And either of those could impact the final decision.

I’m not worried. It’s a major decision for Fitz and his tenure.

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
If the bruins are silly enough to let Jim Montgomery go, njd should be all over that

I like where your head is at and I agree. I just can’t see Boston being that short-sighted though. These Bruins teams have significantly overachieved in the regular season and I never considered last or this year’s team a legitimate Stanley Cup contender (despite record).

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Wow, a 5 year contract for Rod. After that lackluster playoff performance.

I highly doubt that will age well for the Canes organization. Reminds me of the contract that Sullivan got for himself earlier.

He's already been with the club for a long time and I'm pretty sure his expiration date / tune-out date is approaching with the current core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad