New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
I swear people mostly like Berube because he looks mean and was an asshole as a player 30 years ago.

He doesn't even look that mean anymore. He looks really old now and looks like he eats as much as he did back when he played, only with no workouts or training. Even if he can beat you up, he looks like he wouldn't be quick enough to catch you if you run from him.

I actually had to look up pictures of him when he was young because I forgot what he looked like back then. He looks nothing like he does now.

He almost looked like what Paul Bissonnette looks like now.

He tough on the players. Was tough on the players for the Flyers also.
Thats pretty much all he did. Was absolute crap with the Flyers.

Sometimes teams need a coach like that. Toronto is one of those teams.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
so keefe, with woodcroft as an assistant. sounds good to me
If we can make that happen then I'd have to think Woodcroft will just be a one and done as assistant coach and scooped up by next offseason, just like Brunette was.

That's if he doesn't get a head coaching job this offseason. If he's left without a chair after the music stops this offseason, then maybe that could happen, but I expect if it does, then next offseason he'll get a head coaching job when more chairs become available.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
If we can make that happen then I'd have to think Woodcroft will just be a one and done as assistant coach and scooped up by next offseason, just like Brunette was.

That's if he doesn't get a head coaching job this offseason. If he's left without a chair after the music stops this offseason, then maybe that could happen, but I expect if it does, then next offseason he'll get a head coaching job when more chairs become available.
Devils have made a habit of taking a ex coach who is unemployed and putting them as an assistant. I don’t see woodcroft taking any of the remaining jobs if devils
Don’t take him

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Devils have made a habit of taking a ex coach who is unemployed and putting them as an assistant. I don’t see woodcroft taking any of the remaining jobs if devils
Don’t take him
I'm trying to think of who's vacant right now.

I actually had to look up to see if Pascal Vincent was still the head coach of Columbus or not. Apparently he still is. Now a GM vacancy is something they have, and he could find himself canned if the new GM wants to make his own hire.

The Sharks and Kraken are both vacant. Woodcroft was a Sharks assistant for years under McLellan. I can't see him accepting the head coaching job there, unless he's looking to make it potentially his last ever head coaching gig. They weren't very forgiving of Quinn this year.

I think LA still has Hiller as just their interim and haven't committed one way or the other. Didn't St. Louis take the interim tag off their guy?

There's not many jobs worth taking right now. I do think there may be a wait to see what happens to Rod in Carolina.

I don't think any of the teams still in the playoffs right now (or Boston) will be making a head coaching change, unless the players hate him or something.

But we also may just go ahead and hire Keefe/Woodcroft rather than wait on them. Unless the Sullivan thing starts to happen again.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I actually had to look up to see if Pascal Vincent was still the head coach of Columbus or not. Apparently he still is. Now a GM vacancy is something they have, and he could find himself canned if the new GM wants to make his own hire.

The Sharks and Kraken are both vacant. Woodcroft was a Sharks assistant for years under McLellan. I can't see him accepting the head coaching job there, unless he's looking to make it potentially his last ever head coaching gig. They weren't very forgiving of Quinn this year.

I think LA still has Hiller as just their interim and haven't committed one way or the other. Didn't St. Louis take the interim tag off their guy?

There's not many jobs worth taking right now. I do think there may be a wait to see what happens to Rod in Carolina.

I don't think any of the teams still in the playoffs right now (or Boston) will be making a head coaching change, unless the players hate him or something.

But we also may just go ahead and hire Keefe/Woodcroft rather than wait on them. Unless the Sullivan thing starts to happen again.
I’m pretty vacant

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008

So he changed nothing and they ran off vibes. Good hire TOR lol

Exactly what I feared. He didn't bring much as far as systems go. Just came in as a disciplinarian and made sure the players did their shit. With the devils foundational structure being complete dogshit, Berube would've brought nothing.

Preach!

I actually think this makes sense for Toronto. While people have criticized the makeup of the team, they still have a lot of talent. And their system seemed good?

Yea, Idk if it'll actually work out, but it makes far more sense for them.

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
It's Woodcroft and he's coaching Canada at worlds right now hence the delay. That's my theory at least

.... it's probably Keefe.

I actually wasn't aware of this lol. So we'll prob have a head coach by the end of that then? Goes in line with what someone said about the devils giving Keefe some time but also a deadline.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

La is in limbo
Jets still in limbo
San Jose
Kraken

I think all of those hire within as well tbh

Winnipeg probably the most appealing one of the bunch outside of Jersey but then again Winnipeg is not a fond place to live in

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Winnipeg probably the most appealing one of the bunch outside of Jersey but then again Winnipeg is not a fond place to live in
1716029833039.png

I hear it's magical in the winter. :sarcasm:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think the reason most don’t like Winnipeg is the fact that it’s just so bitterly cold there that it just gets in the way of some of the simplest things.

I’ve heard you have to keep your car plugged in during the most brutally cold periods there because it’s so cold.

Edmonton and Calgary are close enough to being as cold in the dead of winter, but the average low for the month of January is 0 degrees and the average low for the month of February is 1 degree. So you’re probably dealing with about two months of the temperatures dropping below 0 degrees Fahrenheit at some point during the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad