New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Agreed. To me Keefe and Woodcroft are basically the same. Would hate to wait on Keefe only for Woodcroft to go elsewhere. There’s no guarantee Keefe even wants to coach.
He want

Anyway its not bad we are not going into the Berube hole, need to learn some things before starting to focus on motivation. But its not good yet because Berube is still better than nothing/Dineen.

Last edited:

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017

So he changed nothing and they ran off vibes. Good hire TOR lol

He’s not a good coach. The blues rode hot goaltending. That gave two shitty coaches job security. We have one as a goalie coach.
leafs got the other as their head coach.

Hopefully we hire Woodcroft or Keefe. Keefe I think does a better job here than in Toronto. We have a deeper team when healthy. Though Tom signing a goon to a 3 year is wild and takes a roster spot away from someone with speed.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
No such thing as a ‘fluke cup win’
While I agree with that I’d also suggest that there is a reason the cliche of catching lightning in a bottle exists. It may be that Berube can coach a team with a roster built to play traditional slower clog the middle and clutch and grab hockey but can Toronto do that even if you trade Marner?

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I
No such thing as a ‘fluke cup win’
They deserved to win it just like any other cup winner, but that doesn’t mean Berube as a coach contributed something significant or that can be repeated with another team.

His track record outside of that 6 month window is absolutely nothing special, mostly mediocre actually.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
Ehh I wanted Berube. Since he's gone bring on Woodcroft! Now that Berube signed it should cause a chain reaction around the league with coach hires. I know Fitz is probably waiting on Keefe, I just hope he doesn't have idle hands for too long causing us to lose out and have to settle for less.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I swear people mostly like Berube because he looks mean and was an asshole as a player 30 years ago.

He doesn't even look that mean anymore. He looks really old now and looks like he eats as much as he did back when he played, only with no workouts or training. Even if he can beat you up, he looks like he wouldn't be quick enough to catch you if you run from him.

I actually had to look up pictures of him when he was young because I forgot what he looked like back then. He looks nothing like he does now.

He almost looked like what Paul Bissonnette looks like now.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Plot twist

Gerard Gallant is named head coach out of nowhere, while Keefe and Woodcroft still remain available for the next several weeks. And Mike Sullivan also becomes available after the fact.

Fitz calls Gallant back after heavily pursuing him in 2020 and he happily agress to come here this time after having no other options in 2024, because the gig is up on him and everyone else now knows he sucks.

negan.gif

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
I swear people mostly like Berube because he looks mean and was an asshole as a player 30 years ago.

He doesn't even look that mean anymore. He looks really old now and looks like he eats as much as he did back when he played, only with no workouts or training. Even if he can beat you up, he looks like he wouldn't be quick enough to catch you if you run from him.

I actually had to look up pictures of him when he was young because I forgot what he looked like back then. He looks nothing like he does now.

He almost looked like what Paul Bissonnette looks like now.
Dude, he took a team that was not even sniffing the playoffs in January to winning the cup. Nothing to sneeze at.

Reactions: Richer's Ghost

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dude, he took a team that was not even sniffing the playoffs in January to winning the cup. Nothing to sneeze at.
He's probably not BAD.

I've been saying that. I even defended him when St. Louis fired him. I think they only reason they should have fired him was to blow it up. They're not a good team and their days of winning with this current squad are long over.

I just don't think he's all that great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad