New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
After more research, it technically expires July 1. With the way Carolina operates, I can see them dragging it out until July 1st to limit his options and to drive down the asking price.

Jersey can’t wait that long
It’s not that unprecedented though, I remember Zubrus signing with us in FA before we even had a coach (‘when you have time use it’)

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Fitz said before the draft, so it’s max a little bit over a month. I want news so I’m a little bummed, but hopefully it’s for the best. They’re most likely looking at someone big and weighing their options cause if not it probably would've been done by now.
NHL teams are taking their time on coaches after missing out on the big fish that Ottawa landed

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I wouldn’t mind Brendan Smith back.

On a two way contract
IMG_4319.jpeg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
It’s not that unprecedented though, I remember Zubrus signing with us in FA before we even had a coach (‘when you have time use it’)
Different timeline I suppose

That team was already established, this iteration is still trying to get its footing. Missing out on Keefe or woodcraft and waiting for a maybe would be a mostake
Imo

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fitz said before the draft, so it’s max a little bit over a month. I want news so I’m a little bummed, but hopefully it’s for the best. They’re most likely looking at someone big and weighing their options cause if not it probably would've been done by now.
I'd rather just stand pat right now. There hasn't been a single coaching hire of any count yet.

Funny enough that the lone coach hiring's this offseason have been the 64 year old Devils head coach from last year (not at all shocking that it was Buffalo, I called that 2 years ago) and the terrible interim head coach who replaced him.

Ruff to Buffalo was not at all shocking. And they wasted absolutely no time in doing it. I think they named him head coach like a week after their season ended?

Travis Green to Ottawa was very shocking. Not because he didn't do well here in just 21 games, as much as his resume in Vancouver was a JOKE. I guess he's still young enough and regarded around the league to get another shot. His pre-NHL coaching resume wasn't so ugly, so he was probably gonna get another shot from someone, even if he didn't work here last year. His contract with the Canucks is probably just ending this offseason.

Reactions: cris10 and My3Sons

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Based on Weekes' last report, it looks like we're just waiting on Keefe and his decision to take his time or actually interview. Which is slightly annoying.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Based on Weekes' last report, it looks like we're just waiting on Keefe and his decision to take his time or actually interview. Which is slightly annoying.
Agreed. To me Keefe and Woodcroft are basically the same. Would hate to wait on Keefe only for Woodcroft to go elsewhere. There’s no guarantee Keefe even wants to coach.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Im assuming with Berube down we will give Keefe a set timeline.

Decide by X, if you dont we are going a different direction etc etc
I think you’re probably correct. I think the Devils did it respectfully too, like they did while waiting for Casey.

Better to wait and ensure the possible new employee is on-board and feels value/respected than begin a relationship too quickly and through pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad