New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
I somehow feel worse about being ousted (rather easily) by them and Andersen last year in the second round.

We had a chance but in reality Jack was already jacked up with that shoulder, Dougie had a wrist injury which he immediately had surgery on., we weren't probably going to make it far limping into the ECF without those two closer to 90%

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
We had a chance but in reality Jack was already jacked up with that shoulder, Dougie had a wrist injury which he immediately had surgery on., we weren't probably going to make it far limping into the ECF without those two closer to 90%

yea probably, but it would've been good for them to win another round imo. It's not all or nothing for me yet. Well it wasn't nothing either, but you know what I mean.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Semantics. He’s not leaving Carolina and in the .001% chance he did, he wouldn’t be going here.
It’s really not semantics

He’s literally free to go wherever he wants and is not contractually binded to Carolina.

You know just as much as the rest of us. The only fact is he is free to sign wherever

Woodcroft is my guess, Keefe said he wanted to take a step back and have teams wait for him
Or maybe it’s Toronto to New Jersey ?

He also posted Toronto so unless Weekes is baiting maybe we'll have the coach hires for both tomorrow

Toronto posted then New Jersey

So maybe Toronto to New Jersey (keefe)

Reactions: PKs Broken Stick

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Woodcroft is my guess, Keefe said he wanted to take a step back and have teams wait for him
Marek said today he heard that Keefe wanted to jump right back in (Friedman didn't corroborate that though) and tomorrow is the last day of the 7-10 day window that Lebrun tweeted that the Devils hoped to have a coach hired by so maybe even then deadlines could push a decision. But yeah wouldn't be surprised with either Woodcroft or Keefe.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
Marek said today he heard that Keefe wanted to jump right back in (Friedman didn't corroborate that though) and tomorrow is the last day of the 7-10 day window that Lebrun tweeted that the Devils hoped to have a coach hired by so maybe even then deadlines could push a decision. But yeah wouldn't be surprised with either Woodcroft or Keefe.
Yeah, he and Marek appear to be of two different mind sets with regards to Keefe.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Can't see how they jump on a coach now if there is any chance Rod B becomes free....I think he'd definitely be interested in NJ over Seattle

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
It would be great to sign Rofmd or Keefe. And I hope they will sign some of them soon. Its better to work on the plan with new coach, introduce him with the team earlier, give the coach some time with his team to talk about what he wanna see from his players on the ice, what they should do before camp. Its better for the team and for our players.
And of course its better for our management. Fitz should find right players for his coach, I don't believe that people don't connect until magic clocks strikes midnight first July. I believe they can connect with agents, trying to know how much money their clients are trying to find. It can help to build financial plan with different names. If it wouldn't be true, we would not see how every year some player or another is connecting with only few teams and often only one more team is trying to make a jump, when on paper there could be much more other teams who could and may be should sign this player.

Reactions: My3Sons

forceten

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Is Brind’Amour’s contract up now or does it expire at the end of the league year like a standard player contract?

Was just going to post this. Brind'Amour is likely under contract until expiration on June 30, and will be an employee of the organization until then, whether relieved of coaching duties or not.

Obviously, there's not much to do - locker cleanout and media day. But nonetheless I do not think the Devils are allowed to reach out to him freely absent permission from his current employer until July 1.

Edit: I'd absolutely love Brind'Amour here. He's generally liked by his players, knows the game so well, instills a strong defensive scheme and consistent relentless system, gets a lot from lesser players - they beat us last year, they should have beaten the Rangers this year, and on paper they're a far worse team than either the 22-23 Devils or 23-24 Rangers. Aho is their only point-a-game star, they have crap goaltending. I feel like they've plateaued but more because they don't have the horses to ride and Dundon prefers not to spend lavishly where it's needed (DeAngelo/Burns instead of Hamilton, Kotkaniemi instead of Trocheck, etc.). I think with this group of players he'd finally have his hands on a team that he can win a cup with as a coach and knowing how competitive he is, I'm sure he wants that on his resume and legacy. If he wins a coach cup in addition to a player cup, you have to think he's one of the all time greats.

Seattle? They're not even close to competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad