New Head Coach search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Friedman mentioned in his latest 32 Thoughts podcast that some of his sources think that Keefe is the first choice for the Devils. Then he added that some of his sources believe that Keefe has a legit chance to get the job if he (Keefe) wants it. Or something like that.
Just to clarify, Friedman didn’t say Keefe is the first choice for the Devils. He said he’s been told by some people that Keefe is “a big factor in this job and that Keefe has a legit chance at the job if he wants it.”

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
I’m warming up to the idea of Keefe. If he can bring better defensive structure than Woodcroft (who also intrigued me), then it’s a no-brainer compared to the former Edmonton HC. I’m not interested in Berube because it feels like an overcorrection and I’m worried about our skilled players being stifled creatively. Hell no to McLellan. The only other coaches I’d have firmly ahead of Keefe are Sullivan and Rod. Doubt either of those come to fruition.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Given I think Sullivan seems to be staying put barring anything unforeseen, I'd be most supportive of Woodcroft or Keefe as the hire. All of the talk over the past week with Keefe has made me shift my mindset on him. Hearing positives about his defensive structure with the Leafs when they were almost a revolving door of defensive personnel has been especially big in me seeing him in a more positive light.

When you have the level of success that either of them had in the regular season but not the postseason, and are fairly young in the coaching position, you hope that they take something from their failures and implement it to their next role.

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
At this point, if it is one of Keefe/Woodcroft, I will be happy. But at the end of the day, its all on paper until success comes in reality.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Friedman mentioned in his latest 32 Thoughts podcast that some of his sources think that Keefe is the first choice for the Devils. Then he added that some of his sources believe that Keefe has a legit chance to get the job if he (Keefe) wants it. Or something like that.

im good with that i know everyone is wanting sullivan but he isn't even available so just go get the coach you want that is available and move on for the draft.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
1715613084035.png

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Thats not the goal though. Getting in with sheldon queef and getting outcoached in the first round in not what we need

yes making the playoffs is absolutely the goal first secure a constant playoff team then you can worry about winning rounds in the playoffs. if the leafs got to face the islanders then canes in the first two rounds (metro) they easily imo make the conference finals regularly.

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Thats not the goal though. Getting in with sheldon queef and getting outcoached in the first round in not what we need
If those teams swapped goaltending, I think Toronto beats the breaks off of Boston. I know it’s rich to say that when our goaltending is equally as shit, but I have confidence that Fitz will make his best effort to fix it this offseason.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
yes making the playoffs is absolutely the goal first secure a constant playoff team then you can worry about winning rounds in the playoffs. if the leafs got to face the islanders then canes in the first two rounds (metro) they easily imo make the conference finals regularly.
If they scored more goals than the other team for 4 games in any round they played, they also would have advanced. They did it one year, I'm not sure why they decided to stop doing that.

Reactions: HersheyBob27

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
If they scored more goals than the other team for 4 games in any round they played, they also would have advanced. They did it one year, I'm not sure why they decided to stop doing that.
you ever hear the expression the better team doesn't always win? wonder why they came up with that

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Just listened to 32 Thoughts and to expand upon what was mentioned above, Leafs interviewed Berube Saturday and are bringing in Mclellan to interview as well. They think that Berube to NJ has cooled a bit and that Keefe to NJ is certainly a possibility. Also mentioned Woodcroft is up there. No groundbreaking news, but at the moment I would put the most-likely-to-happen rankings at:

1. Keefe
2. Woodcroft
3. Berube

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah the whole 'he doesn't win in the playoffs' criticism with Keefe doesn't exactly mean as much when there aren't any coaches out there with PROVEN WINNING PLAYOFF track records in the first place lol...even Berube is now sub .500 in the playoffs and he's the only one out there who won a Cup. Brindy who everyone wants (and isn't actually available yet) is barely above .500 in the playoffs and has never won a game after the second round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad