New Head Coach search

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
MSN

NHL rumors: Mike Sullivan could leave Penguins, join Devils next season​

Nick Kypreos of the Toronto Star said that Sullivan is interested in joining the Devils, a team that has several strong young players and appears to be one that should be in playoff contention for several years. The Devils made the playoffs in 2022-23, but they struggled much of the 2023-24 season.

“Rumors of Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan leaving Pittsburgh to join close friend Tom Fitzgerald in New Jersey won’t dissipate. Despite being under contract, it could simply come down to Sullivan’s lack of confidence in GM (Kyle) Dubas’s ability to contend anytime soon.”

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
MSN

Nick Kypreos of the Toronto Star said that Sullivan is interested in joining the Devils, a team that has several strong young players and appears to be one that should be in playoff contention for several years. The Devils made the playoffs in 2022-23, but they struggled much of the 2023-24 season.

“Rumors of Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan leaving Pittsburgh to join close friend Tom Fitzgerald in New Jersey won’t dissipate. Despite being under contract, it could simply come down to Sullivan’s lack of confidence in GM (Kyle) Dubas’s ability to contend anytime soon.”
If Sullivan is good friends with Fitz then I think it happens. That’s Fitz’s MO

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How does this happen? He ''resigns'' or ''Steps down'' from the Pens and then we hire him?

Other than Brent Sutter, I can't think of a coach in the league leaving one team for another while he was still under cotract.

And even Sutter didn't join the Flames until like 10 days later or something.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
MSN

IMG_2305.png

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Too bad it's Kypreos, for once let him be right lol

Bout to see the first coach "trade" in a while lol. Enjoy Pittsburgh Holtzy ( as he scores 30 playing with sid and we all collectively shit ourselves

I won't be salty if we trade Holtz and he finds his game somewhere else. Zacha/Sharangovich are just recent examples of guys finding their stride after leaving (Ty Smith is NOT). Happens and doesn't happen, just not fair to hate myself after the fact

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Team combined save percentage of .909% and a record of 8-12-1 under this guy. That’s remarkably consistent with the .909% team save percentage under Green that the Canucks in the 25 games where he went 8-15-2 in 21-22 before he was fired in a year where he shouldn’t have even been fired.

I hate this coach with a passion. He was bad well before he got here. He’s a known commodity of suck.

I hope the only place in the league he coaches again is a place on one of our rivals.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Team combined save percentage of .909% and a record of 8-12-1 under this guy. That’s remarkably consistent with the .909% team save percentage under Green that the Canucks in the 25 games where he went 8-15-2 in 21-22 before he was fired in a year where he shouldn’t have even been fired.

I hate this coach with a passion. He was bad well before he got here. He’s a known commodity of suck.

I hope the only place in the league he coaches again is a place on one of our rivals.
Do you are open to giving him a chance to be the permanent replacement for Ruff?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still maintain if they make green the guy I won’t be able to take the organization seriously anymore. That’ll be my breaking point.
I'll always be a fan, but that'll push me to completely turning against Fitz.

That would be an NWO style or Stone Cold Wrestlemania 17 heel turn.

He says he wants experience. I'm guessing because it's safer than going with a new guy or an unknown. But going with an experienced guy like Green is NOT safe, because he has a long enough resume of sucking at the NHL level.

Why not just hire Evason if he's even tempted to go Green.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm sure Sullivan knows the Pens have hit the end of the road.

But they easily still could have gotten into the playoffs the last two years, I'm just not sure they'd win a round without a whole lotta luck.

Like the Caps, they haven't won a round since 2018 I'm pretty sure. But I don't think they're as fried or decrepit as the Capitals. That's for sure. Not yet.

In not so an odd year, I think we see the Devils and Penguins in the playoffs this year, the Islanders and Capitals out.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
All this Green talk is frankly bizarre

He won’t be apart of this organization after this offseason

Eh, he hasn’t been fired yet, people need to emotionally prepare for the possibility of another year of him as an assistant. I wouldn’t like it either but it could happen.

There’s no way he should get the HC job though. Fitz said he wanted a coach hired by the draft, they aren’t rushing into it.

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
Too bad it's Kypreos, for once let him be right lol

Bout to see the first coach "trade" in a while lol. Enjoy Pittsburgh Holtzy ( as he scores 30 playing with sid and we all collectively shit ourselves
Kypreos had Dougie's contract with us here before even Friedman and how the Guentzel contract talks were going no where before anyone else.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Sullivan and Pitt could mutually agree to part ways giving Sullivan the out to come here.
would have to happen sooner rather than later cause I’m sure dubas would want to find his guy

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I wonder how Sullivan can happen? He steps down from Pittsburgh, then we hire him a week or two later like how Dubas showed up in Pittsburgh after Toronto?

I know Dubas technically didn’t step down, so I’m not sure why I made that comparison.

And maybe we do some kind of favor(s) for Pittsburgh later. Like trade them someone for cheaper than we otherwise would (Holtz) or help them out some way.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad