New Goal Song (choices in OP)

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Well, they do to begin with. I saw a concert there a few years back, and it had just about the worst sound and acoustics of any indoor concert venue I'd been to.

I don't recall this being mentioned by Sharks COO John Tortora when Dan Rusanowsky was interviewing him last night about planned arena improvements.

He did say that they're listening to fan feedback, so maybe getting more people to complain would help?

bbison

Oct 16, 2004
San Jose
Well, they do to begin with. I saw a concert there a few years back, and it had just about the worst sound and acoustics of any indoor concert venue I'd been to.

The arena speakers were just replaced a few years ago. They sound just fine where I sit, but it's too damn loud most of the time. Especially pre-game, you can't have a conversation without screaming.

Now for concerts...bands bring their own PA , the arena in-house system has zero to do with it. Your perception of the arenas acoustics are a function of both where you sit and the quality/deployment of the band's PA. I've heard shows that sounded great there, and some that sounded like mud. I've been in multiple spots at the same show where the difference was night and day. (In the back by the roof? Sorry, you're going to get reflection and echo.) But overall the Tank doesn't have a rep for great sound (like Nashville) or bad sound.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
How about "How you like me now " ?

Easy to follow, and annoying as hell.

Not to mention it sounds great in an arena too.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Metallica is probably my favourite band but I am not sure if I would pick One as our new goal song. Well maybe I would just because I love Metallica :D Actually I think that TNT would be the best goal song for us because it is a great song and also could have some crowd participation on it. Also Van Halen's Aint talking about love is good but I think that TNT would be the best.

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
2 unlimited might be cool. Its the original song that the team used to skate through the Shark head and onto the ice. Its well known and easy to do "hey" to.

So much this!

I've been hoping during one of the throwback jersey nights they'd use this song for the intro/skate out.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
The other top 2 songs are This is Sharks Territory and Ready For This. They're doing a mobile vote for the fans in the arena. I'm assuming it's just part of the final fan vote rally.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
The new "This is Sharks Territory" edit is really nice. Really can't decide between that and "Get Ready for This"

I think "GRFT" would pump the crowd up way more but "TIST" is way more original and is really cool in that respect.

Iron Chef

Sep 24, 2011
Going for 2 Unlimited in round 3. Of those 4 songs, not only is it the best imo because of the history behind it, but:

- 2 unlimited is easy to clap along and say hey to (Because of the pace)
- Shout should be for wedding receptions, not goal songs
- This is Sharks Territory is going to be mocked by everyone in the league
- Van Halen is going to suffer the same fate as the current goal song. Not easy to go "hey" to

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
So many people know that song. That's why it's getting votes. Once it starts the others will get it, IMO.

That's a good point. Van Halen would be an ok option imo. I liked Shout because it'd also be obnoxious :laugh: Get Ready for This is an ok choice too.

I think This is Sharks Territory sounds really dumb and will be mocked by everyone. Please don't do that one...lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00