New Goal Song (choices in OP)

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
They are going to include season ticket holders opinions again, so there is no song they've decided on yet.

Not always the case, and likely is not the case now. Surveying STH is likely for marketing purposes and comparing their choices to the fans. Caveat emptor also means don't trust marketeers and sales people.

Song writers write songs for specific purposes that are lasting. Copyright law in the US is life of the author plus 50 years. So, to have a song that is popular at sporting events and played for a long time represents a significant check every month for the life of the songwriter and heirs. In this case, it's considered performance royalty and one of the big three is likely collecting money from the Sharks who then distribute to the song writers (after taking their healthy cut).

Gary Glitter was raking in dough and could not follow society norms to keep that intact. He's likely seeing a dwindling check because of it.

ZG313

Feb 20, 2016
NorCal
Made this a while back when they were still deciding on this year's goal song. Note= I am NOT a pro audio editor but I tried my best to make this mock up. I think it's pretty cool, still. [Yt]hOKZdK9NaSk[/MEDIA]

Last edited by a moderator:

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
The Email is out out

Ain't Talking About Love - Van Halen
Dup Dup - Mickie Krause
Jump Around - House of Pain
Kick Start My Heart - Motley Crew
Sharks Remix - LMFAO
Shout - Isley Brothers
Other:

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Out of the options provided, "Dup Dup" is easily my favorite. I'm still going with Other though. They probably won't add it as an option, but I'm still writing in "Celtic Invasion". They play it at Barracuda games, and I really like it as a goal song.

The LMFAO option is terrible and goes too deep into troll territory. It won't just annoy the opposition, I think it'll annoy the team and home crowd too lol.

ThisIsDream

Mar 7, 2016
Bay Area
Ain't Talking About Love - Van Halen
Dup Dup - Mickie Krause
Jump Around - House of Pain
Kick Start My Heart - Motley Crew
Sharks Remix - LMFAO
Shout - Isley Brothers

Shout, Ain't Talking About Love and Sharks Remix. If any of these make it, God Help Us.

I don't mind Dup Dup and Jump Around.

I prefer Kick Start My Heart out of all these options but I still submitted Na Na Na by My Chemical Romance.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
That LMFAO one is so bad. I could see the DUP DUP one working out pretty well. Also like the Montley Crue one but I think that will have the same problem as the current one and will end up just sounding like a cacophony

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Wrote in Celtic Invasion (WWE) by CFO$. The opening bit would be awesome for the crowd to sing along with and there's a bunch of "Hey's" later on. Would have to be recut for a Goal Song, but would be great IMHO.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Wrote in Celtic Invasion (WWE) by CFO$. The opening bit would be awesome for the crowd to sing along with and there's a bunch of "Hey's" later on. Would have to be recut for a Goal Song, but would be great IMHO.

Yup, they play an edited version for the Barracuda. Since they already use it as a goal song, I was really hoping they'd at least post it as an option this time around. Maybe they want the teams to have separate goal songs.

Felys

Sep 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
Out of the options provided, "Dup Dup" is easily my favorite. I'm still going with Other though. They probably won't add it as an option, but I'm still writing in "Celtic Invasion". They play it at Barracuda games, and I really like it as a goal song.

The LMFAO option is terrible and goes too deep into troll territory. It won't just annoy the opposition, I think it'll annoy the team and home crowd too lol.

It'll sound too much like "******" :help:

EDIT: who woulda thunk that a word for pooping and farting would be caught by the filter, lol.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
It'll sound too much like "******" :help:

EDIT: who woulda thunk that a word for pooping and farting would be caught by the filter, lol.

Good god... now that you've pointed that out, I can only hear the censored word when listening to that "song". :laugh:

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Well it's on reddit again so get ready for the ballot box to be stuffed by the trolls.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
If "Sharks Remix" wins I am quitting the Sharks and becoming a Coyotes fan.

It's already being brigaded by fans of other teams

I like the metal and punk song suggestions but they are all going to sound like **** with the acoustics at the Tank. Even the current song doesn't sound bad on youtube but sounds completely awful at the Tank, I don't think many others would be much different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad