New GM Trades and Signings Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You mean Nylander took less lol.

If Matthews does 13x8, then he can tout he took less.

What is your second line? Domi-Tavares-Marner?

Assuming Nylander gets dealt?
That’s what I was thinking. Hopefully Domi and Marner can re-create some of the junior magic they had.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
By who? Him or someone else?

If I recall correctly they didn’t play together? Right ? It d didn’t work when they were together
They played a bit but Marners biggest year, when they won the team won Mem Cup and he won every individual trophy available, was with Tkachuk and Dvorak.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
They played a bit but Marners biggest year, when they won the team won Mem Cup and he won every individual trophy available, was with Tkachuk and Dvorak.

I remember he had a slow start that year too because they were trying to put him at centre to have a deep top 6 but abandoned it and just stacked the line.

Marner likely could have some OHL playoff scoring records if they didn't eliminate their opponents so fast lol.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
By who? Him or someone else?

If I recall correctly they didn’t play together? Right ? It d didn’t work when they were together
You’re right, I remember seeing a picture of Marner with Domi and Dvorak I think it was and just assumed that was their line but it was actually Tkachuk.

Bunting worked pretty well with Tavares and Marner when put together and Domi provides a lot more offence so I think it would still work.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I remember he had a slow start that year too because they were trying to put him at centre to have a deep top 6 but abandoned it and just stacked the line.

Marner likely could have some OHL playoff scoring records if they didn't eliminate their opponents so fast lol.
No doubt. :laugh:

Having a dinner Monday, I see if I can get any info to share. I'll PM you if I do.

Reactions: WTFMAN99

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You’re right, I remember seeing a picture of Marner with Domi and Dvorak I think it was and just assumed that was their line but it was actually Tkachuk.

Bunting worked pretty well with Tavares and Marner when put together and Domi provides a lot more offence so I think it would still work.

Bunting had 63 and 49 points the last two years. We are expecting a lot more than that?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Bunting had 63 and 49 points the last two years. We are expecting a lot more than that?
Playing with Matthews and Marner, we saw what he can do offensively without those two and it wasn’t anything at all. Let Domi play with those two and he’s probably a guarantee to get 60+ points. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets closer to his career high at 72 points.

Just basing it off points probably isn’t a good way to view things either. Give me Domi offensively any day over Bunting.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Playing with Matthews and Marner, we saw what he can do offensively without those two and it wasn’t anything at all. Let Domi play with those two and he’s probably a guarantee to get 60+ points. Wouldn’t be surprised if he gets closer to his career high at 72 points.

Just basing it off points probably isn’t a good way to view things either. Give me Domi offensively any day over Bunting.

Sure, but before being lined up beside Kane last year, Domi only had one year at 44 points, and three years below 40 points. An expectation that he's "guaranteed" to get 60+ points seems overly optimistic.

I'd also have to wonder if Domi will even make the top two lines, if the personnel doesn't change any. We could see him at 3LW being Bertuzzi and Knies, as well as #2PP.

I think we need to tamper expectations a little here... he's clearly got some opportunity, but a "Guaranteed 60+ points". More optimism than I, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad