New GM Trades and Signings Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Love Acciari, wouldn’t have given him term AND 2m.

I do not believe in paying 4th line grinders 2m or more, especially anything more than 1 year

Reactions: BM14

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I think we need to clearly define some concepts and definitions.

Like it or not, "toxic" can be a key ingredient in success of team sports... Arrogant, cocky players who hate each other pushing each other, trying to be better than one another, goaded by a toxic mind games, button pushing coach to beat toxic rivals in playoff battles, winning championships. So you can actually be extremely toxic and have team success. Those aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

I don't think our team is "toxic" that way. But their lackadaisical, casual loss to Florida probably caused a lot of people to look at them a little differently after that sorry display, like "these guys just don't get it." That's more reputational downgrading than being toxically unpleasant.

Third, I bet not a lot of people in the hockey world give a toss about the way Kyle Dubas was "treated." He's just as oddball anything else on the Leafs.

We've had lackadaisical loses just about every year for 6 years running. What makes this year different? We actually won a series this time around. Team loses in the first round 6 years in a row, that's a team I gotta play for. Team wins a round and gets goalied in round 2. Oh they clearly don't care. Gotta run as far away from that as possible.

How about Dubas treated players really well and thus was great at recruiting guys. They kick him to the curb in the most ridiculous way possible bring in a GM that guys were actively running away from in Calgary, and we can't sign any guys now because the team who previously lost 6 series in a row couldn't win 2 series this year. Yep, not gonna buy that load of trash I'm sorry.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
We've had lackadaisical loses just about every year for 6 years running. What makes this year different? We actually won a series this time around. Team loses in the first round 6 years in a row, that's a team I gotta play for. Team wins a round and gets goalied in round 2. Oh they clearly don't care. Gotta run as far away from that as possible.

How about Dubas treated players really well and thus was great at recruiting guys. They kick him to the curb in the most ridiculous way possible bring in a GM that guys were actively running away from in Calgary, and we can't sign any guys now because the team who previously lost 6 series in a row couldn't win 2 series this year. Yep, not gonna buy that load of trash I'm sorry.
In Treliving's defense...his hands were also tied with the Board of Governors of Calgary being a pain in the ass to work with. Aside from that yea things are looking rough atm.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

Dubas f***ed it bro.

Look at what he walked in to, and he didnt accomplish shit. He failed. Spare me with all the bullshit.

the real Fox mulder

Dec 4, 2022
All teams doing there shopping at Gucci, Hugo Boss, and Louis Vuitton. Brad Treliving waiting for a used mickey mouse purse at 50% off at Good Will.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

No one gives a toss about Kyle Dubas. He's not the first and only GM who ever treated his staff well, said hi to someone in a hallway or helped players move to Toronto with the MLSE credit card.

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Out: RoR, Schenn, Bunting, Kerfoot, Holl, Acciari
In: Reaves

This team is completely f***ed
Like I said last night, this organization was f***ed as soon as Shanny got his feelings hurt and let Dubas go. I never wanted Treliving. He is going to bury this team in even more abject failure and it started with his first move in Kampf, continued to Reaves atrocity and filled through with his sleeping through today while we lose 10 players and replace them with a 37yo goon

Reactions: Chindis

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Just saw Acciari is gone. Our best bottom 6 player off to greener pastures. Swell. Great off-season so far. Round of applause for Pizza Boy.

Would you rather have Acciari at 3yrs $2 million AAV or Reaves at 3yrs $1.35 million AAV?
Should have kept Acciari instead of Kampf.
Would have kept Schenn too, all you need is offer more years

Reactions: Rocker13 and Kurtz

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Dubas f***ed it bro.

Look at what he walked in to, and he didnt accomplish shit. He failed. Spare me with all the bullshit.

It always amazes me that Dubas can both walk into a situation of career losers and also walk into a situation where he has the best players ever.

Reactions: Mitchy and kb

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Like I said last night, this organization was f***ed as soon as Shanny got his feelings hurt and let Dubas go. I never wanted Treliving. He is going to bury this team in even more abject failure and it started with his first move in Kampf, continued to Reaves atrocity and filled through with his sleeping through today while we lose 10 players and replace them with a 37yo goon
Did you know that rosters are locked in as of July 2nd? That's what I'm learning from you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad