#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
KHL attendance in September

1696612555864.png

* indicates new arena
** indicates attendance in VHL

Dynamo Minsk attendance is quite impressive, not sure what they’ve done to spark the team popularity this much

Reactions: Rigafan

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Why is Moscow Dynamo (54%) and CSKA (48%) attendance so low?? Shouldn't they have a fairly large dedicated fan-bases as well as a relatively new, large arenas?

Does no one in the capital support hockey?

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why is Moscow Dynamo (54%) and CSKA (48%) attendance so low?? Shouldn't they have a fairly large dedicated fan-bases as well as a relatively new, large arenas?

If speaking about CSKA and Spartak, the problem is arena they play at. Both play at alien arena. Current CSKA Arena/ZIL is a new one, not located in classic CSKA area of city. All 3 teams played here. Diehard CSKA fans hlave been boycotting home games due to Spartak played at that arena. They want CSKA to come back to their home at Leningradsky prospect where new venue is U/C (RedArmy Arena), see my post above. Spartak plays at Megasport, fans want a come back to Sokolniki or Luzhniki, see my post. Only Dynamo plays at home.

Reactions: Rigafan

Nordavento

Apr 9, 2019

Listed capacity of CSKA Arena is 12300
Total approximate non-VIP (skybox, lounge etc) capacity is 9277
Exact Capacity of arena opened for sale for CSKA fans (total non-VIP minus three closed sectors (superfans boycott and away fans 206, 506, 511)) is just 8240.

So, for example, first game of a season against Ak Bars was a sold-out. Even at a corners. You can't buy a regular ticket at a gamesnight. Attendance was 9756. Or 79%.

P.s. I'm more annoyed by the NHL stats. Throughout the entire season there are only sold-out games. no one had a diarrhea, no one got hit by a car, no one had an urgent pressing plans, all 20000 people bought a ticket and then everyone showed up to the game, and so 41 times in a row during the season. Every F time.

Last edited:
Reactions: vorky

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Listed capacity of CSKA Arena is 12300
Total approximate non-VIP (skybox, lounge etc) capacity is 9277
Exact Capacity of arena opened for sale for CSKA fans (total non-VIP minus three closed sectors (superfans boycott and away fans 206, 506, 511)) is just 8240.

So, for example, first game of a season against Ak Bars was a sold-out. Even at a corners. You can't buy a regular ticket at a gamesnight. Attendance was 9756. Or 79%.

P.s. I'm more annoyed by the NHL stats. Throughout the entire season there are only sold-out games. no one had a diarrhea, no one got hit by a car, no one had an urgent pressing plans, all 20000 people bought a ticket and then everyone showed up to the game, and so 41 times in a row during the season. Every F time.
NHL is called perfection :)

metalan2

May 30, 2008
I didn't realize most ahl teams have higher attendance. Thought it was much bigger. How do they afford such high salaries?

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
I didn't realize most ahl teams have higher attendance. Thought it was much bigger. How do they afford such high salaries?
With the exception of the top 4 KHL teams, the league is actually comparable to ECHL attendance levels.

The KHL receives massive government subsidies either at the federal or regional level, while the top teams are owned by wealthy oligarchs.

Reactions: metalan2

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Why are they rushing SKA's arena to completion?? it looks like it needs a few more months worth of work, not weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad