Neutral View on USA vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
what i was referring to is during the GAME itself they didnt say much about that incident. they only replaid it to show why the penalty was called. also, not much was said DURING the game about the other cheap shots that took place.

again, i think we should all move on and just enjoy the rest of this tourney...

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
cyclops said:
what i don't understand is why you would bring in a point about Canada caring more about Canadian teams when at the very least we show games that don't involve us while you don't,what was the point?.Just seems like something that does'nt make sense considering the reality just mentioned......seems like throwing stones when there is no high ground on your side to bother doing it.......i hope this is cleared up now.This was never about WHY you don't show them but everything about asking why would you bring up something about Canada caring about it's own teams more(natural) when at least we show your games and the same is not done the other way around......o.k....i think this is cleared up now...hope so

You show sports from the US because its a superior product. You answered that yourself when you said that there are more NFL games then there are CFL games in Canada. You dont show them because you care, its about ratings..... the US will start showing more Canadian sports when it becomes a superior product to what is already being shown and draw more ratings.

but thats just me "throwing stones when there is no high ground on your side to bother doing it" at the obvious.

Oi'll say!

Read this now!
Nov 18, 2002
Oil in 9
Visit site
2forsbergaura1 said:
what i was referring to is during the GAME itself they didnt say much about that incident. they only replaid it to show why the penalty was called. also, not much was said DURING the game about the other cheap shots that took place.

again, i think we should all move on and just enjoy the rest of this tourney...
Yeah let's just move on now, ignoring the soccer-style stop-drop-&-roll and the fact that Ovechkin started acting up before the game even started but bearing in mind that the Americans did in fact get in a few cheapshots.

How about you stop pontificating and proclaiming your own open-mindedness while consciously skewing the facts and I'll go enjoy the rest of the tourney.

espo*

Herbie Verstinks said:
You show sports from the US because its a superior product. You answered that yourself when you said that there are more NFL games then there are CFL games in Canada. You dont show them because you care, its about ratings..... the US will start showing more Canadian sports when it becomes a superior product to what is already being shown and draw more ratings.

but thats just me "throwing stones when there is no high ground on your side to bother doing it" at the obvious.
o.k,have it your way man.But hockey is already a superior product to basketball and a host of others....i'll bet you and the rest of the American posters would agree with me on that.If you did'nt you probably would'nt be here.You want the games on t.v there?....get the rest of your fellow citizens on board.......don't complain to me when the alfalfa bowl or whatever is on between Bowling Green and Long beach state.......superior product eh? Whatever you say,the people have spoken right?

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
cyclops said:
o.k,have it your way man.But hockey is already a superior product to basketball and a host of others....i'll bet you and the rest of the American posters would agree with me on that.If you did'nt you probably would'nt be here.You want the games on t.v there?....get the rest of your fellow citizens on board.......don't complain to me when the alfalfa bowl or whatever is on between Bowling Green and Long beach state.......superior product eh? Whatever you say,the people have spoken right?

The people have spoken, its called ratings, maybe you have heard of them?

Fact - Mens Pro Bowling gets higher rating the NHL in the USA.

Do I think hockey is a superior product, of course I do, I love hockey but that comment was comparing a US product (the NFL) and a Canadian procuct (the CFL), but I thought that was clear.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
k

Oi'll say! said:
Yeah let's just move on now, ignoring the soccer-style stop-drop-&-roll and the fact that Ovechkin started acting up before the game even started but bearing in mind that the Americans did in fact get in a few cheapshots.

How about you stop pontificating and proclaiming your own open-mindedness while consciously skewing the facts and I'll go enjoy the rest of the tourney.

you obviously just skimmed through what i said before or something. i already stated a number of times that what the Russian players did was totally wrong regardless of what the USA team did. i just didnt like how the commentators only focused on what the Russian team did...but thats life

espo*

Herbie Verstinks said:
The people have spoken, its called ratings, maybe you have heard of them?

Fact - Mens Pro Bowling gets higher rating the NHL in the USA.

Do I think hockey is a superior product, of course I do, I love hockey but that comment was comparing a US product (the NFL) and a Canadian procuct (the CFL), but I thought that was clear.
Enjoy the Quiche Bowl tonight U.S.A!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad