Online Series: Netflix: Dark

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
ok, thanks.. I'll stick to it.. maybe it's because I'm really tired but I can't get into it so far. I'll try again...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
It's on my list and I'm planning on starting it soon.

How is the English dubbing?

I was just going to go with subtitles.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Better than Stranger Things?

10216622.jpg

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Better than Stranger Things?

10216622.jpg

Yeah it's Darker and a bit more in depth which is my thing. Stranger Things season 1 was decent, I couldn't finish the 2nd one.

ok, thanks.. I'll stick to it.. maybe it's because I'm really tired but I can't get into it so far. I'll try again...
It's not a show you can casually pay attention to. I finished it and still have some questions.

It's on my list and I'm planning on starting it soon.

How is the English dubbing?

I was just going to go with subtitles.

The dubbing is fine, I just got used to it. Subtitles might be the way to go.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I love this show so far. Its really got me captivated. I just finished ep4 last night.

I'm watching with subs, i never ever watch dubbed films.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Finished it in one day, but don't run the subtitles if you are watching in English. They aren't even close. Enjoyed the show though. Good story.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah there is a ton going on with this series. Once you think you're starting to figure out how everyone relates they go even deeper. I kinda wish some of these series were wrapped up in 1 season though. Too much to follow up on and when it starts back up you almost need a refresh. It really held my attention.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Finished this yesterday. As stated above, there is a ton of stuff going on. This show is good. I like how it’s lifted pieces from a few popular shows and created its own mythology.

Wasn’t thrilled with the English dub. I ran subtitles instead.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Finished it in one day, but don't run the subtitles if you are watching in English. They aren't even close. Enjoyed the show though. Good story.

Why would someone run the subtitles if it's English? (assuming we all know English here)

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Why would someone run the subtitles if it's English? (assuming we all know English here)

Believe it or not, in my home you have to do it. I have a 15 year old low-functioning autistic son who makes a lot of noise. So when he is being loud we have to be able to read what is going on. We use CC/subtitles on everything.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Believe it or not, in my home you have to do it. I have a 15 year old low-functioning autistic son who makes a lot of noise. So when he is being loud we have to be able to read what is going on. We use CC/subtitles on everything.

Ah i didn't even think of something like that, so it makes sense.

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
There is one thing that has been bugging me, i'm at episode 8 so i'm not sure if this is on purpose or some sort of continuity mistake.

In 2019 Regina Tiedeman is married to Alexander Tiedeman the guy who now manages the plant. One would think Regina gets the Tiedeman name from marriage.

But in fact, her Tiedeman name seems to comes from her grandfather Egon Tiedeman. We learn this from the 1986 scenes.

We also meet 1953 Egon Tiedeman, who has a daughter, Claudia Tiederman. She is going to manage the powerplant in 1986 as the 1st woman ever to do so. So far i don't think we have met her husband, but i'm assuming the father of Regina was never around and thats why Regina keeps the Tiederman name from her mother Claudia.

But nothing explains why 2019 Alexander has the Tiederman name. So either this is a mistake, or both of them are correctly named Tiedeman and this will come into play at some point.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I'm a few episodes in. It's really good, but it clearly rips off Stranger Things a fair amount.

The pacing also has issues.
Like having one short scene each episode of the missing child that is being experimented on.

ghostnights

Oct 8, 2010
Edmonton
There is one thing that has been bugging me, i'm at episode 8 so i'm not sure if this is on purpose or some sort of continuity mistake.

In 2019 Regina Tiedeman is married to Alexander Tiedeman the guy who now manages the plant. One would think Regina gets the Tiedeman name from marriage.

But in fact, her Tiedeman name seems to comes from her grandfather Egon Tiedeman. We learn this from the 1986 scenes.

We also meet 1953 Egon Tiedeman, who has a daughter, Claudia Tiederman. She is going to manage the powerplant in 1986 as the 1st woman ever to do so. So far i don't think we have met her husband, but i'm assuming the father of Regina was never around and thats why Regina keeps the Tiederman name from her mother Claudia.

But nothing explains why 2019 Alexander has the Tiederman name. So either this is a mistake, or both of them are correctly named Tiedeman and this will come into play at some point.
My thought process is that he took the last name of her because he faked a fake passport anyway

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
My thought process is that he took the last name of her because he faked a fake passport anyway

Yes, when i wrote my post i hadn't seen the last 2 episodes where this is revealed. So i'm assuming thats what happened as well.

Couple of questions after having finished the series.

Who is Regina's father? Who is Tronte's father? Who is Helge's father?
Could they all be the same person? Noah?

Tronte's father definitely seems like its Noah.

Why does Helge just come back to life after having is head bashed in?

Is Claudia good or bad?

The black hole machine maker speaks of a trifecta of time. 1953, 1986, 2019

Jonas is now in (probably) 2052. Does this mean one of the time lines is now closed? Is 1953 closed and Ulrich is now stuck there?

Why does Noah have to use a time machine in the bunker but everyone else can go through the portal in the cave?

Why is Noah the same age in all time lines?

jaywalker

Dec 18, 2017

Regina married the guy who 'saved' her from getting beat up by Katharina and Ulrich -- but he evidently had a questionable background since he had been shot and was seen burying a gun and two passports -- one was his but did not have the name he ultimately used. (Hannah saw him hide -- and took them, and she blackmailed him with the stuff many years later. But that wasn't explained, either). Maybe Claudia told him to use their name, since she hired him to do 'secret work' for her. Or maybe he took Regina's name when they married. I wish they had explained that, along with many other things that confused me.

jaywalker

Dec 18, 2017
I hate to post more before I've deleted those two. But I have a couple of questions. The younger guy in the police station who assisted Charlotte and Ulrich with cases. His face bandage/eye patch was never explained, was it? I actually re-watched quite a bit of this series. Also, big question about TRONTE (Ulrich's Dad) when he first moved there with his mother. He's in his room at the hotel, rolls up his shirtsleeves and he has what appears to be cigarette burns all over his arm. Never explained. :help:

TheCanasianfrasian

Aug 18, 2006
Montreal
I hate to post more before I've deleted those two. But I have a couple of questions. The younger guy in the police station who assisted Charlotte and Ulrich with cases. His face bandage/eye patch was never explained, was it? I actually re-watched quite a bit of this series. Also, big question about TRONTE (Ulrich's Dad) when he first moved there with his mother. He's in his room at the hotel, rolls up his shirtsleeves and he has what appears to be cigarette burns all over his arm. Never explained. :help:

I think those burns are from his father, which they are hinting towards being Noah. The mother said something along these lines "he's a man of god but not of faith, he was not a good man, and i wanted a change".

I was thinking maybe Tronte is the father of Regina? We never see Claudia in a relationship but we know she thinks Tronte looks like James Dean and in 1986 they are having an affair.

What do you think Bartozs is doing for Noah??

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I'm a few episodes in. It's really good, but it clearly rips off Stranger Things a fair amount.

The pacing also has issues.
Like having one short scene each episode of the missing child that is being experimented on.

The only thing you could say as far as a rip off is the 80's thing and once you get in to it it's really not. I had the same feel the same couple of episodes though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad