Waived: Nedeljkovic (clears, reassigned to GR)

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I think i'd rather have him than Hellberg but ultimately I can't see either of them being on the team next year anyways(well maybe at the AHL level if one of them really wants to stick around and can't find an NHL gig but I can't see Yzerman not picking up some other Goalie in the offseason for the NHL)

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
So Ned just isn't worth shit then.
We are about to find out… if he clears then you have your answer.

I personally like Ned, But clearly he is not in Wings future plans past this season.

As for ‘value’, you could argue he never had any.
He cleared waivers the same season the Wings traded for him. They could have just as easily had him for free back in 2021.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
think it was a shrewd gamble that didnt quite work out. looked like a good deal for at least the 1st half of last season and then was basically mentally broken from playing in front of a bad team. This year he never found his game.

Ned had a good start to his career and seems like a talented goalie who could perform with a half decent team in front of him who doesnt have the mental toughness as hellberg or husso

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I still don't see Hellberg as any better. At least Ned had a hot streak when he started with us, Hellberg just seems like an .895 sv% goalie to me.

Reactions: MVPete96

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I still don't see Hellberg as any better. At least Ned had a hot streak when he started with us, Hellberg just seems like an .895 sv% goalie to me.
As a backup it's better to have a reliable .895 than a guy with a bit more upside and a lower floor.

Reactions: norrisnick

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What's going on Mr Yzerman?
My guess is why pay 3mil for backup if you could have one for under 1 . Does he trying save money to sign something big and have big playoffs push , just like Blue Jackets did couple years ago

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
As a backup it's better to have a reliable .895 than a guy with a bit more upside and a lower floor.

Maybe, but it still isn't good. I still think Ned would have finished the season with quite a bit better stats had he got more than 9 appearances.

Reactions: MVPete96

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is Yzerman hoping for claims to free up some money for a reason?
I think he just wants to be able to keep Ned in the AHL to stabilize the goaltending down there. It's been an absolute shit show all year, apart from Hellberg's conditioning stint and now Ned.

1673882576056.png

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
I think he just wants to be able to keep Ned in the AHL to stabilize the goaltending down there. It's been an absolute shit show all year, apart from Hellberg's conditioning stint and now Ned.

View attachment 636063

This proofs that we have no good goalies in the AHL right now, and Ijzerman knows this by letting Ned play games in Grand Rapids. Prospects we have are far away (Gylander and Cossa) and the goalie prospects we had did not pan out (Eliasson, Larsson, 90% sure Bednar, Brattstrom, Petruzzelli, van Pottelberghe, Perry).

Bad goalie scouting? Bad AHL coaching? You tell me...

Reactions: nhlisawesome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad