Rumor: Necas re-signs with CAR, $3Mx2?, according to Czech site

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Whenever I watch the Hurricanes, Necas is one of the most noticeable players on the ice. He looks like he would produce way more than he does. Any Canes fan have insight on this?
Necas is a rush oriented right wing. He has a lot of speed and generates offense well off the rush. In the offensive zone he is more of a perimeter player. I think his floor is about 40 points with a PPG career-year ceiling.

He wants to play Center but most likely won't get that chance in Carolina. With Pacioretty coming in and Jarvis + Teravainen + Svechnikov ahead of him he doesn't have a solid top-6 spot. He won't get PP1 minutes.

In my opinion Necas should go to a team that will let him develop in a prominent role with good linemates. There is a chance he could break out like Elias Lindholm. Not similar players, but similar circumstances.

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I didn't watch many Canes games this year, did he have a bad season? Just last year hfboards was constantly saying how he was comparable to Suzuki and would get a similar contract.

Edit: looking at stats alone in their first two seasons (20 and 21) Necas had 36 and 41 points, and Suzuki had 41 and 41. This year Necas stayed at 40 although his games played increased from 64 and 53 in the shortened seasons to 78, while Suzuki's points increased to 61. Necas also seems to have little effect in the playoffs.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This could be a sign and trade as part of that rumoured Carolina Vancouver trade incoming. I could see it being like this which works out for both teams needs:

To Carolina: Miller (30% retained for next year, and re-signed for 8 years at $8.875 million), Poolman, Palmu, 2025 5th round pick

To Vancouver: Necas, Pesce, 2023 1st, 2024 2nd
Add Vancouver’s 2023 1st to that. And Hoglander as well.

What an awful contract for JT Miller. 8 x ~$9mm. Ouch. That 8th year really hurts with JT Miller. Much better to sign him to 7 years as a UFA.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
This could be a sign and trade as part of that rumoured Carolina Vancouver trade incoming. I could see it being like this which works out for both teams needs:

To Carolina: Miller (30% retained for next year, and re-signed for 8 years at $8.875 million), Poolman, Palmu, 2025 5th round pick

Was this vision precipitated by Ayahuasca?

• Haha
Reactions: Led Tasso

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Big year for Necas. He’s really talented and he’s shown too much to give up on - this isn’t seem theoretical “upside” thing, he had 40 points in 50 games in his 21/22 age season. He’s still for me far and away the Czech youngster I’m betting on to come good eventually. That said he wasn’t great last year and then Seth Jarvis happened. I want to see Necas respond with a big season - he’s certainly talented enough to.

There’s very little reason for the Canes to consider cut-rate trade offers for him or to throw him in deals for guys they may have problems re-signing, especially seeing how cheap he will be for the next couple of seasons. They’ve got far more reward potential just seeing if he bounces back to form and then some.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Whenever I watch the Hurricanes, Necas is one of the most noticeable players on the ice. He looks like he would produce way more than he does. Any Canes fan have insight on this?
when he has his confidence going strong he is capable of pulling off ridiculous moves with his playmaking ability and his speed. The problem is that when it's not going strong he tries to force things which ends up... well basically like the last half of last season went where he seemingly couldn't get anything working.

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Re: "Canadian points": counting points wasn't common in Czechoslovakia in the olden days. Usually, you kept track of goals, and to some extent assists, but to have a summary index where these two were counted together as equal was seen as some kind of a novelty coming from Canada. Thus "Canadian points" - the phrase is still being used in CZ today.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014

If you plan to rumor more of Van/Car trades, could we please agree on a safe word first?

Chuck Norris Trophy

Jan 22, 2015
Re: "Canadian points": counting points wasn't common in Czechoslovakia in the olden days. Usually, you kept track of goals, and to some extent assists, but to have a summary index where these two were counted together as equal was seen as some kind of a novelty coming from Canada. Thus "Canadian points" - the phrase is still being used in CZ today.
Wow, cool. I thought it was just a Google Translate error.

Reactions: DaveG

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well it seems my deal was critiqued by both Canuck and Canes fans so means its a well balanced trade. If it needs to be done to finalize the trade the 2nd could be swapped i suppose

I love when people justify bad trade proposals with this. More often than not, it just means it's a bad proposal.

Setting value aside:

1) Carolina hasn't given out big dollar/long term contracts for older players. See Faulk, Hamilton, Trocheck, etc.. So the whole premise of your proposal is faulty to begin with. The chances of them giving a 30 year old Miller an 8 year deal at $8.875 is slim at best.

2) Canes cannot afford to let Pesce go. He's the only defensively responsible RHD they have, period.

3) Poolman sucks. Imagine going into a season with your defense being:

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Bear
Gardiner-Poolman

Yeah, that team isn't going anywhere.

Conclusion: Bad proposal.

Tripledeke333

Jun 25, 2021
Seems cheap?

Yeah, a team could beat that by offering a 3rd round pick as compensation. Necas is def worth at least that! A team could offer over $4M and still only give up a second. This is a cheap deal.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
What's the conversion rate of Canadian points to American points?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad