Rumor: Necas re-signs with CAR, $3Mx2?, according to Czech site

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

“And now, according to Sport.cz, a definitive agreement has indeed been reached. The club was apparently interested in a longer-term contract, but in the end Carolina agreed to a two-year contract. Nečas believes that he will do well at the club and will subsequently ask for an even more lucrative contract.
The 23-year-old skilful Czech scored fourteen goals and collected a total of 40 Canadian points in 78 games last season.”

Edit - evidently my google translate skills missed that the reports does not actually list an aav. The $3M seems to be the most recent rumored number from CAR beat reporters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nowotny and DaveG

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014

“And now, according to Sport.cz, a definitive agreement has indeed been reached. The club was apparently interested in a longer-term contract, but in the end Carolina agreed to a two-year contract. Nečas believes that he will do well at the club and will subsequently ask for an even more lucrative contract.
The 23-year-old skilful Czech scored fourteen goals and collected a total of 40 Canadian points in 78 games last season.”

Do they count points differently in the Czech?

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Guess the brass wonders if his COVID shortened season was an outlier? Could bounce back to a 50-60 point player and be demanding 6-7M on his next contract, which as pointed above, will be when a lot of money will need to be spent

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems just about right considering his down season and the fact he didn’t have arb rights. I’d prefer it to be one yr longer as now the Canes will have in 2 yrs -RFAs - Necas, Jarvis, Drury and UFAs - Aho, Teravainen, Pesce and Skjei….yikes.
I think historically Anaheim has been a club that pushed for that 3rd year ona bridge. But that was always with guys who had not done much on their elc. Like Ritchie and Terry for example.

It’s probably a fair deal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
This could be a sign and trade as part of that rumoured Carolina Vancouver trade incoming. I could see it being like this which works out for both teams needs:

To Carolina: Miller (30% retained for next year, and re-signed for 8 years at $8.875 million), Poolman, Palmu, 2025 5th round pick

To Vancouver: Necas, Pesce, 2023 1st, 2024 2nd

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
This could be a sign and trade as part of that rumoured Carolina Vancouver trade incoming. I could see it being like this which works out for both teams needs:

To Carolina: Miller (30% retained for next year, and re-signed for 8 years at $8.875 million), Poolman, Palmu, 2025 5th round pick

Don't be giving up on Palmu that soon. He's got top 6 scorer written all over him. Replace him with Mackenze Stewart and I think the deal's fair.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Bratt is a comp on a 2 year bridge. Flat cap era. Disappointing contract year production following what looked like a breakout. ~44 per 82 pace during the ELC; Necas finished at ~48. He signed for a $2.75 mil AAV.

TheBigLetowski

Jul 31, 2016
Who on this planet is giving JT Miller that term and tag? Not the Canes where a 22yr old with a higher ceiling (Svech) just got 7.75x8. Also not throwing a first and Pesce in there as well. I could see Necas+Bear and maybe prospect for an unsigned JT miller and have the Canes work it out later.

Evergreen

Whenever I watch the Hurricanes, Necas is one of the most noticeable players on the ice. He looks like he would produce way more than he does. Any Canes fan have insight on this?

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
wait we get to pay Miller for too long, get to take on Poolman's bad deal, get a 25 year old bust, give up Necas, a 1st in deep draft, 2nd in the next draft and a great shutdown RHD?

cant say no fast enough.
And you get Petrus Palmu in the deal. The Finnish Marty St Louis. Overpayment by the Canucks.

Reactions: M2Beezy

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
Carolina wont move pesce for miller 1 for 1...that was a bad proposal

Take pesce out and its closer.. but carolina has a lot of work to do in 2 years with those players .. i just dont see them giving up pesce period

If you get lucky and get a slavin and pesce duo you dont ever move them

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022

Vancouver will do well to get a single piece like Necas in a trade for Miller. They are absolutely not getting Brett Pesce and a 2023 1st on top. Ridiculous.

I wouldn't trade Brett Pesce alone for Miller.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Whenever I watch the Hurricanes, Necas is one of the most noticeable players on the ice. He looks like he would produce way more than he does. Any Canes fan have insight on this?
Necas just tries to make the perfect play too much. He just needs to get into the teeth of the defense and let it rip. instead he'll get by the first guy and look to pass. Skate back out with it and then lose it as he gets challenged along the boards.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad