Other Sports: NCAA Thread v12

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Well, if Suzy Kolber endorses it, it must be good. Not sure what she was doing hanging around young men while Jason Garrett was talking to them. I could see her spending her free time driving around the country annoying random people for kicks.

Broadway Joe don’t care!

namath.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

@JojoTheWhale Clemson already starting to feel the effect of Venables leaving, third top 100 commit they lost in the last week plus. All on the defensive side of the ball.

Oh hell yes. I usually just accept that most of these guys are assholes on some level, but Dabo's such an insufferable high and mighty prick that I can't help but be happy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Damn, I thought he graduated this year....I guess we'll see Veilleux in the transfer portal soon...Hopefully this won't scare off Allar

He would have normally been out eligibility as a fifth year player this year. But the Covid season last year didn’t count against eligibility so he’s eligible to come back for a sixth season.

We’ll see. Roberson is more than likely gone. Then you have Veilleux, Allar, & Pribula. The later two coming in as freshmen during the winter this year as early enrollees. I don’t think there’s any indications that this will effect Allar. I don’t think the possibility of being QB1 in year one is a dealbreaker for him.

I don’t think Veilleux would transfer just yet without seeing things in camp. I don’t think there’s a P5 destination out there that would guarantee him a starting job anyway. This was his first year. So he’s got plenty of eligibility/time.

So they should have more bodies at QB next & they should be more capable. Even Veilleux this year missed all of his senior year because of Covid & was more so of a projection play to begin with. So he probably had a lot developing/catching up to do even this year.

My guess is Allar ends up QB2 & still plays a decent amount next year. It could be like Michigan did this year with McNamara & McCarthy (the latter being a 5* true freshmen himself this year). Obviously Clifford also has a track record of getting banged up too.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

@JojoTheWhale Clemson already starting to feel the effect of Venables leaving, third top 100 commit they lost in the last week plus. All on the defensive side of the ball.

Obviously being a high level team & having stability beyond Dabo have really helped on that front. Dabo for the first time in a long time doesn’t have a program that is on auto-pilot anymore. He’s gotta get the offensive side of the ball fixed even before Elliott’s departure & now he doesn’t have the safety blanket of his defense with Venables there. They lost their AD too.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I'm posting the first group of games that start in a week per @WeHaveBeenFletched request. I'll post some more next week

@Cody Webster @Captain Dave Poulin @WeHaveBeenFletched @renberg @dragonoffrost @LegionOfDoom91 @Hollywood Couturier @FLYguy3911 @gertbfrobe16 @Beef Invictus @CanadianFlyer88

Friday, Dec 17, 2021

Bahamas Bowl
Middle Tennessee vs. Toledo

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl
Northern Illinois vs. Coastal Carolina

Saturday, Dec 18, 2021

RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl
WKU vs. Appalachian State

PUBG Mobile New Mexico Bowl
Fresno State vs. UTEP

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
UAB vs. 13 BYU

LendingTree Bowl
Liberty vs. Eastern Michigan

Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl
Oregon State vs. Utah State

R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
23 Louisiana vs. Marshall

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I'm posting the first group of games that start in a week per @WeHaveBeenFletched request. I'll post some more next week

@Cody Webster @Captain Dave Poulin @WeHaveBeenFletched @renberg @dragonoffrost @LegionOfDoom91 @Hollywood Couturier @FLYguy3911 @gertbfrobe16 @Beef Invictus @CanadianFlyer88

Friday, Dec 17, 2021

Bahamas Bowl
Middle Tennessee vs. Toledo

Tailgreeter Cure Bowl
Northern Illinois vs. Coastal Carolina

Saturday, Dec 18, 2021

RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl
WKU vs. Appalachian State

PUBG Mobile New Mexico Bowl
Fresno State vs. UTEP

Radiance Technologies Independence Bowl
UAB vs. 13 BYU