GDT: NCAA football thread

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
UNCC and App State are the best teams in North Carolina like we all predicted.

But for real, I like Will Healy, he looks to be the next big sub 40 year old hire.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Let's friggin go, Hokies!!!!!!!!

Haven't been the best team of late but damn we can pull one out of our asses every once in a while.
Always great to beat UNC. Nice that we played pretty well. Still left some plays on the field but didn't f*** it away. Now they gotta find a way to build on it for the first time in a while.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
UNCC and App State are the best teams in North Carolina like we all predicted.

But for real, I like Will Healy, he looks to be the next big sub 40 year old hire.
I mean, ASU has been telling anybody who will listen that they belong in the conversation... at least before last season, which at 9-3 was a mild disappointment. Being in the Sun Belt means we can't afford more than one loss if we want to be taken seriously, and even the one needs to be respectable. But the pollsters were starting to notice, especially in 2019.

We have Miami next week. They systematically destroyed us when they came to Boone a few years ago, so it'll be an interesting measuring stick.

UNCC will be interesting to watch. Our fanbase likes to shit on them, but they're making strides and should continue to trend in the right direction as long as they have Healy running the show.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Always great to beat UNC. Nice that we played pretty well. Still left some plays on the field but didn't f*** it away. Now they gotta find a way to build on it for the first time in a while.
Our offense was shockingly efficient in the first half. Second half, not so much but the defense was good enough to make Bud proud.

Anytime you can get a top 10 win is good, but a top 10 win over a UNC who has made it their goal to shit all over us on the recruiting trail is especially enjoyable.

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
Rattler's hype is basically based off of Oklahoma's past QB's. The guy isn't close to the level of Mayfield, Hurts and Murray.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
WVU Maryland is a total shootout, not exactly what you would expect given these two last season would have basically been blackjack: first to 21 wins.

Of course given the score right now I'd take that to

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
To the surprise of nobody, Miami is getting blasted by Alabama. I don't think they've crossed the 50 yet.
I'd comment on King's NIL deal with the Panthers but that would be an insult to the Panthers right now. He's so f***ing mediocre and overrated any time he plays a real opponent

Last edited:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
I'd comment on King's NLI deal with them Panthers but that would be an insult to the Panthers right now. He's so f***ing mediocre and overrated any time he plays a real opponent

He should've just played out his last season at Houston and entered the draft 2 years ago, he at least would've been able to fool NFL teams into taking him back then. Now there ain't nobody taking a 25-year old with a bum knee coming off two mediocre seasons.

For his sake, I hope his NIL deals paid him well.

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
As usual, it's the Alabama show featuring everyone else. Well, whoever wins this Clemson vs Georgia might get a seat at the table with them. Maybe Ohio State too.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad