College Hockey NCAA 2022- ‘23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
This isn't NCAA, but congrats to Pope Francis on winning the D1 State Title beating
Xaverian.
I taught at Cathedral in the last year of its existence (#savecathigh), but the team was already branded as Pope Francis. Went to most of the games home AND away that season. Great fans. The team has the advantage of drawing anyone from Western MA who wants to play top level school hockey, but they also overcome a lot since a lot of teams to give them home games and never travel to Springfield.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I taught at Cathedral in the last year of its existence (#savecathigh), but the team was already branded as Pope Francis. Went to most of the games home AND away that season. Great fans. The team has the advantage of drawing anyone from Western MA who wants to play top level school hockey, but they also overcome a lot since a lot of teams to give them home games and never travel to Springfield.

My son played against Springfield Cathedral once as a Jr ('02) and once as a Sr. ('03).
They came to our rink as a Jr. and we traveled to theirs his Sr. year. Both games were close as he lost by a goal his Jr year and tied them his Sr. year.

I would guess their main high school competition for talent would be The Berkshire School?

Reactions: EvilElf63

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1679567969564.png

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
My son played against Springfield Cathedral once as a Jr ('02) and once as a Sr. ('03).
They came to our rink as a Jr. and we traveled to theirs his Sr. year. Both games were close as he lost by a goal his Jr year and tied them his Sr. year.

I would guess their main high school competition for talent would be The Berkshire School?

They don't really have any aside from maybe Williston or Suffield Academy. Wilbraham & Monson (Morris Wanchuck '05) has a hockey team but they are back after 20 years of not existing.

Berkshire School is probably an hour and a half from Springfield. The elite, elite prep schools like Deerfield, Loomis and NMH are pretty much all boarding kids from all over the country.

Reactions: EvilElf63

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
They don't really have any aside from maybe Williston or Suffield Academy. Wilbraham & Monson (Morris Wanchuck '05) has a hockey team but they are back after 20 years of not existing.

Berkshire School is probably an hour and a half from Springfield. The elite, elite prep schools like Deerfield, Loomis and NMH are pretty much all boarding kids from all over the country.

Who was the kid who played D1 hockey from Westfield who had a sister that played on The US Olympic Team. I thought he played at Berkshire?

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Couple of quick BU goals have the Terriers up 3-0 midway through the 2nd period.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins are watching this game -- and Jason Polin specifically -- pretty closely.

EDIT: Polin answers for WMU, his 30th of the season.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
My buddy is a server at a pretty decent restaurant in Manchester and he just sent me a photo of the BU team/org list with all their dinners lined up... He said he served Michigan last night lol. He doesn't follow hockey whatsoever.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Harvard with one of the worst periods in NCAA tournament history that I can recall. Just totally overmatched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad