College Hockey NCAA 2022- ‘23 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
BU recovers from a 9-2 pasting on Friday with a 3-2 win on Sunday in Ann Arbor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 08SeaBass08

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
UMass sweeps #1 Denver, 3-0! Should be a top five poll team come Monday. #4 Pairwise already. This might put them at #1. Totally stunned by this.

UConn had nice out of conference showing too. These wins will pay off for Hockey East come year end in the PWR. The conference is going to be tough top-to-bottom.

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
poll
Pairwise
RPI

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
I don't understand the poll. Undefeated teams ranked behind teams they beat. Quinnipiac loses one game and drops four spots. UConn splits with BU, but are behind them with more wins and fewer losses. St. Cloud and Minnesota State swap spots 2 and 8, with none of the teams ranked 4-5-6 ahead of St. Cloud last week losing this week?

May 9, 2010
Weymouth
I don't understand the poll. Undefeated teams ranked behind teams they beat. Quinnipiac loses one game and drops four spots. UConn splits with BU, but are behind them with more wins and fewer losses. St. Cloud and Minnesota State swap spots 2 and 8, with none of the teams ranked 4-5-6 ahead of St. Cloud last week losing this week?

NU lost by a goal to a good PC team a couple weeks back and dropped like seven spots. I always tell myself to not get caught up in the polls because they mean nothing. Just wait for the PWR to get more data around January: 2023 NCAA Tournament Pairwise Comparison Ratings .

The Hockey East schools should be in good shape in that if they all keep playing at their current level. Wouldn't be surprised to see six teams make the NCAAs.

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
NU lost by a goal to a good PC team a couple weeks back and dropped like seven spots. I always tell myself to not get caught up in the polls because they mean nothing. Just wait for the PWR to get more data around January: 2023 NCAA Tournament Pairwise Comparison Ratings .

The Hockey East schools should be in good shape in that if they all keep playing at their current level. Wouldn't be surprised to see six teams make the NCAAs.
I missed that NU drop, but that's precisely what I'm talking about. I wouldn't describe myself as caught up in it, just puzzled. I don't think you find these kinds of variances in football or basketball. Pairwise has a far more logical ranking (although I think Minnesota is better than #15!), which I assume is why the selection committee largely uses it. It didn't come out yesterday, though. Here's today's.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Tons of splits this weekend in Hockey East and nationally. I'm curious to see what the polls look like after this weekend, but college hockey is not only being played at a very high level right now, the parity is unbelievable. The top four seeds in March could all be 10+ loss teams.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad