Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Knicks postseason is dragging to a seemingly unavoidable end. Too many injuries

Question is whether the season ends with Indiana or getting spanked by Boston

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
also, I’ll continue to bang the drum as I have for a few years now.

Knicks won’t win anything with Thibodeau. The guy is a dinosaur that grinds his players to dust, and yet people are wondering why the team is falling apart during this stretch run here

You’re seeing his handywork playing out with Butler in Miami. Those miles add up

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gotta tip your cap to the pacers. They're not soft like the 6ers were and once again responded the way they had to...and without Josh being Josh, we just couldn't match that energy. Nervously excited for game 7...but proud of this team no matter what happens on Sunday. This has been a magical season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brother Mouzone

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Knicks won’t win anything with Thibodeau. The guy is a dinosaur that grinds his players to dust, and yet people are wondering why the team is falling apart during this stretch run here

You’re seeing his handywork playing out with Butler in Miami. Those miles add up

Butler is my age and just led his team to the NBA finals a year ago :laugh:

Thibs had two players in the top 20 for minutes this season, Brunson & Hart. Both players PT ballooned only after Randle & Anunoby picked up injuries that had nothing to do with overuse. Before we got hit by injuries, Brunson was just inside the top 20 and we had nobody in the top 15 for total minutes or MPG.

And despite missing his starting front court, Thibs is still leaning on his bench more than the Boston Celtics that are waiting in the ECF use theirs...with both Burks & Achiuwa getting more PT than Hauser, the final guy in Boston's rotation.

Every team has injuries right now because the NBA's regular season is 10-20 games too long. We just happened to run into two dirty teams (Miami & Embiid) that caused freak injuries, which exacerbated things.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Knicks postseason is dragging to a seemingly unavoidable end. Too many injuries

Question is whether the season ends with Indiana or getting spanked by Boston

If we get the job done on Sunday, we'll arguably have more depth than Boston in the next round...assuming similar health for OG & KP, and Hart is back to being Hart.

McBride, Burks, Achiuwa, & Sims vs Pritchard, Hauser, Horford, & Kornet, should be a solid win for us if our starters hold serve.

Boston's insanely talented but they're not as resilient as these pacers, nevermind as us. So the Knicks being tied or even up after 4 games could be a very interesting bet.

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014

Completely disagree , Thibs is actually perfect for this team . Their injuries are basketball injuries that have absolutely nothing to do w/ minutes played .

Gotta tip your cap to the pacers. They're not soft like the 6ers were and once again responded the way they had to...and without Josh being Josh, we just couldn't match that energy. Nervously excited for game 7...but proud of this team no matter what happens on Sunday. This has been a magical season.
Sucks mane , finally have a team that can make a run and it's been essentially derailed by injuries .Hope the MSG crowd can will the team to a W ........

Reactions: cgf

Elvis P

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Brunson might have to go for 60 tomorrow with Hart injured too.It's a shame injuries have crippled this team,they legit could have won it all if fully healthy.

Reactions: majordomo

Brother Mouzone

May 23, 2014
If they can both give 20-25 good minutes , w/ the MSG crowd ..It might be enough to inspire this team to a W . This is all hands on deck , JB has to be a superstar today .

Mood :
7422754d-ff5e-40a7-af6d-c36003ee34b8_text.gif

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Completely disagree , Thibs is actually perfect for this team . Their injuries are basketball injuries that have absolutely nothing to do w/ minutes played .

Sucks mane , finally have a team that can make a run and it's been essentially derailed by injuries .Hope the MSG crowd can will the team to a W ........

I see some parallels between this postseason for us and last postseason for the Wolves when they gave Denver their toughest test despite missing McDaniels, Reid & I think 1 more rotation guy. Where even if we can't pull off the upset against Boston we see that we can take them when healthy...and with Boston being softer than Denver, we might just pull off the upset if OG & Hart can look like themselves.

This run is so magical that I won't be shocked if they somehow win a ring this year...but no matter how it ends, it's hard not to be excited to see this team healthier & deeper next season. Especially with this FO's success rate picking in the 20-40 range and finding depth FAs, as well as us having that Bogdanovic contract to play with.

But that's talk for a couple weeks from now, today's all about seeing how these resilient SOBs get this one done :yo:

Going for a bike ride in a few just to work off some nervousness lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad