NBA 2K17 (multiple platforms)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, load times are pretty stupid.

Finally a starter and putting up double doubles on the reg. Close to triple double a few times but Monroe, Henson, Parker, Giannis always stealing boards from me.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
How wonky are we talking? Do all the cut scenes just go away and you pretty much just play your games and what not? I'm really hating this OJ **** and I'm only like 20 games in.

Also, is anyone else's game just consistently ****ed everyday? Almost every time I go to load the game, I get frozen on the logos screen. Doesn't progress past that. Their legitimate fix right now is ****ing wait it out. There's people on Twitter saying they've left the game on all night and still been on the logos when they woke up. There's a workaround on XB1 where you delete the reserved space of the game and then start it, which I have to do every time. Even though there's a pinned tweet on @2KSupport warning against doing that. ****ing dumb.

The other day I was so pissed with this but when I finally loaded the game, I was offered 75K VC half off, yay. Player is finally pretty good and pimped out with tattoos. 5k went to a Raps T-Mac jersey lol.

Yeah it got to the point where I had to delete my reserve space every time I wanted to play, then you have to wait for your player to download again - it's like a half hour process to start a game. That and not being able to get in to Proam games with friends, I don't play anymore.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
They've had 10 updates in 5 months or so. With the new update it's over 67 GB. takes up more space than the witcher 3. It's over double the size of MGS phantom pain. That doesn't even make sense to me. Those are massive games with open world's. This takes place on a basketball court lol. Ntm that the updates are dumb. One was 7GB for that tournament that sucks. One was to Nerf your player and add park after dark clothes(which also sucks).

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah it got to the point where I had to delete my reserve space every time I wanted to play, then you have to wait for your player to download again - it's like a half hour process to start a game. That and not being able to get in to Proam games with friends, I don't play anymore.
They patched the logos thing, so the game loads much faster without having to clear your reserved space.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to get into Pro-AM games. You made a club I'm guessing? Sometimes we all press A but it just takes a while to actually get going and not all of us can see who's ready. Works eventually. But we just kept running into 95-99 overall players as complete amateurs so stick to EASHL now.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
I made it to the all star break with a second character and when I do the dunk contest my guy is two out of the 4 competitors lol. IDK why but my guy goes 3rd and 4th and I'm against Aaron Gordon and Zach lavine.
It'd be cool if the dunk contest wasn't terrible

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
A quick run through on how terrible the contest is. I did a dunk and got a 40, next round Aaron Gordon does the exact same dunk and the commentators say that, and they give him a 48. Wtf. 2k put some effort in.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They patched the logos thing, so the game loads much faster without having to clear your reserved space.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to get into Pro-AM games. You made a club I'm guessing? Sometimes we all press A but it just takes a while to actually get going and not all of us can see who's ready. Works eventually. But we just kept running into 95-99 overall players as complete amateurs so stick to EASHL now.

Not club, Proam but with friends. You leave from your Mycourt but have the time it doesn't pull everyone, puts them in different games or dashboards somebody.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
2k says they released a "quick" patch to fix matchmaking. It's 7 gigabytes. Wtf lol. 11 patches in under 6 months. They definitely changed something else. Probably nerfing an archetype or something.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Yeah, it's over the top as all hell with these patches

I'm basically just playing MyLeague now because every other time I pop the game in it's starting a 6+GB update so I can't use any of the network features most of the time and can't even access MyPlayer

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
Ugh I guess one thing the update did was make them push their VC even more. When you load up the game it hits you with "30% of 350 000 VC" whatever, it's always done that. Now though, it's on the sideline during games. It's also all over the Pre game show. It looks awful. I'm never buying VC until 2k makes a better game and isn't only about getting people to buy it ffs.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Seriously. I'm gonna have to delete 2k17 In order to install their next update at their pace.

I checked mine and it's only like 57 GB. The updates shouldn't just keep adding, they do replace portions of it but I have the digital copy. Maybe if you have the disc it's different.

Also on the VC thing. Yeah, I hate games that encourage spending real $$$$ to make you competitive online. It's ********. It's one thing if it's for skins, ect but 2k17 is way overboard with it.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
I don't mind making the online be so centered around spending VC in order to be competitive. It sucks for those of us who don't want to shell out another $20-50 on in-game improvements but whatever, it's a business.

However, the shameless promoting of the VC sale is absolutely egregious. The fact I can't play a single player mode without every single advertisement in the game being the VC Sale is ridiculous.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Honestly, if I didn't like the gameplay so much, I would hate this game. It's just difficult and annoying for no reason a lot of the time.

I swear every day I load myCareer, get into a game, and THEN it tells me to exit to the main menu to apply an update. There actually is a game update of a couple gigs all the time. myCareer just loads slow sometimes, the servers can be screwy. One time I tried to switch controllers and my Xbox just started glitching out asking what profile I'm using and I had to restart 2K to get off that screen. There was the whole freezing at the logos every day for a couple months. Playing this game can just be such a nuisance.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
This games story is very dumb. Why is my guy asking a TV host to write a book about him? My guys 19 years old and has 1 NBA season under his belt. This is stupid.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Loaded up myCareer today, game wouldn't start, stuck on 26%. Turned off my Xbox and started the game again, stuck on logos. Great game.

Still stuck on logos. 2K are losers. Keep taking out time to beg us for 69.99 for more VC though you useless ****s

Last edited:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
This games story is very dumb. Why is my guy asking a TV host to write a book about him? My guys 19 years old and has 1 NBA season under his belt. This is stupid.

I think the story is fine. It's a little cheesy and undoubtedly has its flaws but it's far better than previous stories from other career modes in both 2k and other games. The Justice Young/Orange Juice connection is forced on you way too much but it can be beneficial in game (when OJ is activated it's pretty much unstoppable which is nice).

I just started my second season and after winning the NBA Title with the Pelicans I left in Free Agency for the Knicks. I wanted to play with Porzingod and get Melo a ring. To my surprise Justice Young has also followed me to New York. I guess we'll see how a second season of OJ goes.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Sucky. Last year when I was on the Knicks, it was surprising if I ever got subbed out. Just trying to finish this year and get the f away from Justice.

Honestly I'm not sure if that's possible. I left the Pelicans after my first season and signed with the Knicks and he followed me there. Maybe that's because the Knicks had the cap space for both of us (doubtful). Only way I've heard of escaping Justice is asking for a trade and not requesting he come with you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad