Post-Game Talk: Nay, good sir: Post SERIES talk! Flames 7-4 Canucks

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Congrats on a hard fought series flames fans. That was the highest of high games to the lowest of lows. Even at 3-0 i had a feeling the flames would not be going easily in game 6.

Cheers to this great rivalry being reborn.

I just hope the canucks can continue to retool and build around our young players like horvat and virtanen. And if edmonton can finally get their **** together, western Canada is going to be in for a treat. IMagine if the oilers, canucks and flames are all good playoff teams.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Congratulations, Flames fans. Well earned series win, and best of luck against Anaheim. :)

Thanks man (and to the others wishing congrats in this thread). You guys will come back well next year. Horvatt is a kid to watch, probably a star in the making. Baertschi should come around there as well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Congrats on a hard fought series flames fans. That was the highest of high games to the lowest of lows. Even at 3-0 i had a feeling the flames would not be going easily in game 6.

Cheers to this great rivalry being reborn.

I just hope the canucks can continue to retool and build around our young players like horvat and virtanen. And if edmonton can finally get their **** together, western Canada is going to be in for a treat. IMagine if the oilers, canucks and flames are all good playoff teams.

I like it, the rise of Western Canada will cause the fall of the Californian dominance.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
fzyBAsM.gif

Stajan pretty much did what we all wanted to do after Ferdaddy's impact in the series

Tical

Jul 1, 2013
I just ran into Hudler and I want to say Cundari at Fiddler's for brunch. It was all I could do to get the words "good game, boys" out of my mouth hahaha.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014
fzyBAsM.gif

Stajan pretty much did what we all wanted to do after Ferdaddy's impact in the series

That .gif is simply EPIC. You just know that the vets are feeding as much off young guys like Ferland, as the young guys have fed off the leadership of guys like Gio, Huds and Stajan all year. Absolutely love the camaraderie among this group. Special team, for sure.

Can't see Ferland not part of this team moving forward (and I can't believe how unimpressed I was by him earlier in the year - definitely eating crow on this one); the TSN panel put it best when they described him as a "folk-hero".. this guy will be a Flame for a long time. Management definitely has some roster decisions to make in the very near future, and we certainly seem to be set on the left side. Ferland makes Bollig obsolete when Klimchuk enters the fold. Just hope guys like Hunter Smith and Kanzig are every bit as nasty as they promise to be lol this team gon' be good :yo:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
****ing eh guys, I'm still pumped up after last night. I went down to the Red Mile after the game and honestly, I haven't seen that much love from the fans down there since 2004. Also that "O Fortuna" video is epic.

pmedguy

C'mon Ref!!!
Sep 23, 2011
Smackdown Hotel Rm27
What a great comeback by the Flames last night. It was definitely the best game of first round so far. Coach Hartley has a big decision regarding who starts in goal vs Anaheim. GO FLAMES!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad