OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2021-TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
PGA tour players are not signed to employment contracts with the Tour (like wrestlers are).

Sure but there are mechanisms the PGA tour could use to protect their product. Similar to the rule that you have to play in at least 15 tournaments a year, for example, they could implement something that would make it prohibitively difficult for someone to play in Saudi tour events during the PGA tour season. I agree that the commissioner can’t just decide to ban players but assuming they follow the same procedures they do for adding any new rule to the tour they absolutely could and arguably should.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The PGA needs to be careful. They have a cash cow because of THE FANS.

Both via TV revenue and gate revenue.

if they lose even 25% of the most popular players and then ban them from the tour, they will lose fans of those players. Which will hurt revenue.

they don’t own a monopoly on this, and they need to stop acting as if they do

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
As much as it sucks to rebuild seems like the Nats picked a good time with all this shit going on the last few seasons.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
He’s got like 55 million reason to re-sign right? Isn’t that the difference between what the Wiz can offer and what he’d get in FA?

Unless it was Beal’s wrist that was causing a poor showing I’m not stoked on him resigning. He’s not capable of being a #1 on a contending team.

I believe the wrist was non-shooting one that had the surgery.

Kinda 50/50 on Beal. Was no where near how he played this year compared to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad