OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, DC United, Navy, Gtown, etc., 2016-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wizards are comically bad

Leading their division after winning and scoring 130pts last night. Have won 6 of their last 10, and only 3 of their total wins are against opponents in their weak division. Stats are middle of the pack. They'll be a playoff team with a puncher's chance like they always are.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
The difference between an awful team and a frustrating team that still wins most of their games is night and day. I'm happy with the current state of the Wizards. Except for Grunfeld of course.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Wall, Beal and Oubre take over in the 4th and down the Celtics in Boston. Comically bad! lol

Sep 19, 2008
So the Wizards only get blown out to garbage like the Nets and Jazz :popcorn: Other than that they seem alright

That Nets loss was inexcusable though but they seem to have put it behind them.

Sep 19, 2008
Wall, Beal and Oubre take over in the 4th and down the Celtics in Boston. Comically bad! lol

Comically bad teams get blown out to Brooklyn by 40 points.

That being said they're putting together a little something as they should. This team talked so much crap about how this was THEIR YEAR and they hyped themselves up as the next Eastern thing. Lot of people were chatting about them winning the East or getting the #1 seed and then they continually embarrass themselves this year.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Wiz are just finding their footing as the full roster gets back together. I think they’re a top 4 team in the conference...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Comically bad teams get blown out to Brooklyn by 40 points.

That being said they're putting together a little something as they should. This team talked so much crap about how this was THEIR YEAR and they hyped themselves up as the next Eastern thing. Lot of people were chatting about them winning the East or getting the #1 seed and then they continually embarrass themselves this year.

No they just play down to their opponent sometimes like every other DC team

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The win v Boston was all well and good.....but it will be important to use that as a launching pad, not just a one game aberration of "see, we can do it (when we want too)".

They are still far closer to 9th than they are to 3rd. They are stuck with the also ran groups. They need a 6-8 game winning streak to separate and move into that top 4 slot.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The win v Boston was all well and good.....but it will be important to use that as a launching pad, not just a one game aberration of "see, we can do it (when we want too)".

They are still far closer to 9th than they are to 3rd. They are stuck with the also ran groups. They need a 6-8 game winning streak to separate and move into that top 4 slot.

They should win 4 of their next 5. The play three 10-win-or-less teams in Atlanta, Chicago, and Memphis, plus the Knicks and Rockets. I don't have high hopes for them beating Houston but they should take care of business with the other four. That'll leave them at 23-16 and likely in the top 5 or 6. We'll see.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well a pessimistic outlook requires the belief that they don't play down the inferior teams but rather they ARE the inferior team and other good teams play down to them more than to others. Then they'd be so bad they're actually worse than the worst teams but luckier than anyone else.

The alternate explanation is they are a good squad that just gets lazy when playing lesser teams, maybe due to lack of motivation, but can beat most of the top dogs.

Which is more likely?

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
They should win 4 of their next 5. The play three 10-win-or-less teams in Atlanta, Chicago, and Memphis, plus the Knicks and Rockets. I don't have high hopes for them beating Houston but they should take care of business with the other four. That'll leave them at 23-16 and likely in the top 5 or 6. We'll see.
Beating Houston and losing to the Knicks is the more realistic scenario with this squad.

Sep 19, 2008
So yeah this team can't beat garbage and only shows up for big games

Need as many wins as possible. How can you get blown out by Utah, Brooklyn and Atlanta?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think it's just psychological (surprise). They show up for the "ego games" where they can prove themselves and relax for the games against crappy teams because they're less interesting and losing doesn't burst the bubble of "we're a great team" since they've already been beating great teams.

In short they're coasting BUT there's hope because they've shown they can beat the big boys.

A lot of playoff teams will make it by feeding off the scrubs and padding their record. As long as they don't get a hot team that's playing above their seeding in the first round they could actually go deep IF they can remember how to close out a series.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Here we go

Wall: Wiz 'playing for stats' vs. lesser teams

"We talk about it. We say when we play these teams that are not above .500 or not one of the great teams, we go out there playing for stats," Wall said, according to The Washington Post. "It's simple as that. We can see it. I think we all can see it when we play."

Beal said, "plain and simple," the problem was the Wizards were being too selfish -- on both ends of the floor.
"Sometimes even myself included," Beal said. "Sometimes we do one-pass shots, no-pass shots. Two or three passes on one side of the floor versus moving on both sides of the floor. Teams are going to load up on me and John. That's something that we should know by now. We got to do a better job of creating, putting the ball on the floor and moving it.
"I think everybody as a collective unit, starters and the bench, we've got to do better at it."

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I think it's just psychological (surprise). They show up for the "ego games" where they can prove themselves and relax for the games against crappy teams because they're less interesting and losing doesn't burst the bubble of "we're a great team" since they've already been beating great teams.

In short they're coasting BUT there's hope because they've shown they can beat the big boys.

A lot of playoff teams will make it by feeding off the scrubs and padding their record. As long as they don't get a hot team that's playing above their seeding in the first round they could actually go deep IF they can remember how to close out a series.

Team to avoid is Milwaukee (plus top 3 currents) They could best anyone. Top 3 should accomplish that. 4 may. 5 or down makes it al really hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese