Feb 9, 2010
Mike Prada ‏@MikePradaSBN
This was an air ball
B-vK73cWwAE8xpK.png:large

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
I think its at least 90% if not 95% of his problem.

He was good until the Baltimore game....worse after the Seattle game. Now running a system that protects him from running because of the injury.

While not the same circumstances...its the injury causing it for both guys.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
You'd be dead wrong. How can you possibly think injuries haven't affected Griffin's development?

Because not anywhere close to all of Griffin's issues are physical.

Unless his injuries have negatively effected his ability to sit in a film room, study and prepare and also read defenses injuries are only a small part of the problem IMO.

He still has wonderful physical tools. The rest of his game is severely lacking though...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Because not anywhere close to all of Griffin's issues are physical.

Unless his injuries have negatively effected his ability to sit in a film room, study and prepare and also read defenses injuries are only a small part of the problem IMO.

He still has wonderful physical tools. The rest of his game is severely lacking though...

Out of three seasons and two offseasons, he's lost two seasons and one off season. I'm not disagreeing that some of it is mental, but injuries have certainly played a role.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Out of three seasons and two offseasons, he's lost two seasons and one off season. I'm not disagreeing that some of it is mental, but injuries have certainly played a role.

I didn't say they didn't play a role but they are not the primary reason he has struggled IMO. Rose on the other hand...

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/whats-wrong-with-the-wizards/

Then I remembered: The Wizards could have drafted Curry. They didn’t, because management deluded themselves into thinking they could win a title with a team that had made the second round of the playoffs four years before. So instead of drafting Curry at no. 5, they traded that top-five pick for Mike Miller and Randy Foye, the team never made it past the first round, and both those guys were gone within 18 months....

People keep asking, “What’s wrong with the Wizards?” The answer is that all the shortsighted, lazy, and cheap tendencies that have defined this team for decades are now being exposed all at once. It’s happening with Grunfeld’s roster, and it’s compounded by Wittman’s coaching. The Wizards have been a step behind and playing catch-up ever since Arenas got hurt, and this year it’s all catching up to them.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Less than 30 seconds left and you need a stop. How in the world does that happen?

They need to clean house after this year. Terrible coach, even worse GM.

They may now be stuck in McPhee land. If the team blows a 7 game series in round 1.....or say loses again in round 2....I'd bet no changes. Maybe Wittman. Maybe not.

It's not like they will fail to make the playoffs. Cleveland is creeping up to that #2 slot, behind Atlanta. So the Wizards most likely won't see either of them in then in the first round, even if they end up 6th in the East.

Still a colossal waste. This team should be up there challenging for a top 2 slot themselves. Easily.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
At least we aren't stuck in Greensboro for the tourney every year with the move out of the ACC. Go Terps!

I am needing my 2 TV setup but am too tired to schlep the 2nd TV out. #NewBorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad