Injury Report: Nathan Beaulieu done for the season after shoulder surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree. Good luck to him for a full recovery, but not sure why he was in the lineup over Stanley after reaching his XD games requirement some weeks ago while playing with a preexisting, shoulder injury -- generally addressable with good outcomes but can be tricky.

Yeah, taking one for the team, but why?

It may be an opportunity for him to come to TC more healthy than he has been for some time. He is still under contract for next year and will need to compete for a job. Good for him and having him at his best (whatever that may be) is also good for the team.

Making the most of the circumstances.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Unfortunate for Boo Boo, seems like a decent guy. Opens up a big opportunity for Stanley, it’s his to run with now, unless Chevy lands a big trade.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Poor guy. It's especially sad when those fringe players get injuries like this. Really no job security.

Hope he heals up nice for next season and lands on his feet

Tough to say what the market will think with his injury, but I think other team's are looking at what the Jets are doing. They've secured further contracts for a few players that were basically done in the league--Pardy got another deal, Sbisa got yanked off waivers, Lee S******* turned healthy scratches in NY into a career renaissance after becoming a first ballot Winnipeg hockey hall of famer.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Tough to say what the market will think with his injury, but I think other team's are looking at what the Jets are doing. They've secured further contracts for a few players that were basically done in the league--Pardy got another deal, Sbisa got yanked off waivers, Lee S******* turned healthy scratches in NY into a career renaissance after becoming a first ballot Winnipeg hockey hall of famer.

Maurice’s leash for “grizzled vets” is as long as it gets. If I was signing for league minimum trying to showcase myself, Wpg would be the place.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
His injury benefits the team but I never wish for ill health on anyone... it's not a good thing to happen, even if there is a positive outcome in one specific aspect as an aside.

This is bang on.

The frustrating part of this is that Maurice dictated on injuries will adjust his lineup decisions, yet, Beaulieu was obviously very injured and struggling mightily and he STILL chose to play him over one of Stanley or Heinola.

For anyone who wonders why many don’t like Maurice.... This.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Bumping this….

I think beaulieu has a bounce back season. Stronger/deeper defence will put let pressure on him. He started off strong when we got him.

he was a good player... Not so long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig