May 3, 2004
Tampa
NASTY SPEAR? Lollerskates.

This is a nasty spear!

9881991_1.jpg

Reactions: Bolt 45

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
on par with Draisaitl nut job last playoffs... a fine at worst.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
OK - so it was a dirty play by a clean player. Doesn't change anything. No one is accusing him of being Marchand, just stating the obvious - it was a cheap ****.
He is a clean player but you can't read very well...someone called him human trash. I swear somedevil fans are acting like dramas queens.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
IDK, Hedman is a powder puff even though he's so big. Had some early career concussion problems which really forced him to change his game up considerably. his body can't handle it. Hedman isn't known to do stuff like this, and I'm hoping that whatever kind of retaliation the Devils have in store for him doesn't leave him concussed. Cope with a retaliatory cheap shot, just stay away from everything above the shoulders.
To be honest, I was surprised to see him do that in the first place. Do you think that the Devils will retaliate? I don't know if it will happen.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
So what’s stopping from someone doing this back to Hedman if it’s already deemed non penalizable and non suspendable.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I can see NJ fans coming into this thread and talking. Makes complete sense. What makes no sense is Pens fans coming in, showing a video from a hit 7 years ago. On Crosby. Who has not only gotten away with worse nut shots than Hedman did last night but everything else. And then claiming that hit makes Hedman a dirty player.

He should get a fine. If they suspend him, fine, that'll hurt Tampa, but then they need to suspend every single spear and nut shot from here on out.

Its beacuse a fellow poster of your colors decided to bring up the penguins. Please put your animals on a leash.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Real tough guy going after a kid. Dirt bag. And the other dirt bag tells Boyle he wished he died. Unreal.

Video or quote of this? When it was live all I saw was the view of Boyle talking and pointing saying "I'm gonna f***ing kill you." I didn't see Sergachev say what you said. I mean, I'm not saying you're lying I just genuinely want to see this for myself cause I missed it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, "love tap" or not you just can't spear a guy in the nads.
I takes very little force to hurt someone badly down there.
That's some dirty shit right there. Did not know that Hedman was that kind of player.
Unimpressive.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
Video or quote of this? When it was live all I saw was the view of Boyle talking and pointing saying "I'm gonna ****ing kill you." I didn't see Sergachev say what you said. I mean, I'm not saying you're lying I just genuinely want to see this for myself cause I missed it.

That's because most of the video of the exchange circulating on the internet is the CNBC version, because it shows much more of what Boyle was saying. The MSG+ feed was showing a little more of Sergachev once they moved toward the benches.

Honestly, it's not the kind of accusation, even of a player on the opposing team, I would believe unless I saw video of it myself. When I saw people referencing it on Twitter I thought it was just Devils fans trying to justify what Boyle was saying. Saw some lower quality highlights of the MSG feed, and I couldn't really tell.

Then I saw the replay on MSG today. In HD. And it's absolutely, 100%, what Sergachev said. If you see a clear replay of the MSG version, there's no denying what he said. Opposing team or not, I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. But he said it.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
That's because most of the video of the exchange circulating on the internet is the CNBC version, because it shows much more of what Boyle was saying. The MSG+ feed was showing a little more of Sergachev once they moved toward the benches.

Honestly, it's not the kind of accusation, even of a player on the opposing team, I would believe unless I saw video of it myself. When I saw people referencing it on Twitter I thought it was just Devils fans trying to justify what Boyle was saying. Saw some lower quality highlights of the MSG feed, and I couldn't really tell.

Then I saw the replay on MSG today. In HD. And it's absolutely, 100%, what Sergachev said. If you see a clear replay of the MSG version, there's no denying what he said. Opposing team or not, I'd like to give the kid the benefit of the doubt. But he said it.

Ah damn that's bad. I'd say, "He's a kid," but when I was 19 I knew enough about cancer to not even think of something that foul. He really should know better whether or not he's been exposed to it in some form. That's awful. I will always like Boyle regardless of how the series plays out or any in the future. Hes a good guy and a great teammate. I get what you're saying and I believe you, I just want to see it as well. Is there a video of it floating around somewhere?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Real tough guy going after a kid. Dirt bag. And the other dirt bag tells Boyle he wished he died. Unreal.
You mean when Boyle threatened to kill Sergachev or...?

Edit: nevermind. Didn't read the posts above me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad