Nasty Spear by Hedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Hopefully he gets suspended. The more suspensions the better. It wasn't even close to a spear. It was a tap to check if everything was working.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Blatant and deliberate. Should get something from the DoPS. I saw it live and boy, was Hischier ticked off. For a second or two, I thought he was going to go up to Hedman and start something (and get destroyed).

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
You would've thought Hedman shot him by listening on the Devils' broadcast. The holier-than-thou preaching about what constitutes dirty is real ****ing gold coming from Ken Daneyko, who played with Scott Stevens.

I thought Hischier was going to cry on the bench.

daneyko and stevens, known for their defensive style and severing nutsicles with their sticks. right.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
that looks more like a love tap to the jewels to me on the replay

uncalled for, but not a nasty spear by any means

also, I don't believe in the so called 'hockey gods'

If you want to do a "love tap", then maybe you should target literally any other part of the body that isn't the most sensitive part of a man's body, a part of his body that is his only hope for evolution.

Awful, awful spear. These need to be suspensions at this point.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
You’ve taken just as many shots to the head and liver as Daneyko if you think Stevens’ reputation is limited to his “defensive style.”

the hits stevns had were legal at the time- i think he took a total of 2 elbowing penalties in his career. were nutchops ever legal?

Reactions: Sdevils42

Poulin 0n My St1ck

Oct 18, 2010
the hits stevns had were legal at the time- i think he took a total of 2 elbowing penalties in his career. were nutchops ever legal?

Stevens' mens rea was to injure opposing players, demonstrated by his actions on the ice.

A little love tap might be a douchey move, but Hedman certainly isn't trying to end Hischier's career by gently grazing his groin region.

Daneyko should consult a doctor for his CTE symptoms.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Stevens' mens rea was to injure opposing players, demonstrated by his actions on the ice.

A little love tap might be a *****ey move, but Hedman certainly isn't trying to end Hischier's career by gently grazing his groin region.

Daneyko should consult a doctor for his CTE symptoms.

either you don't know what mens rea means, or you're clueless. his intent wasn't to injure, in fact he was particularly devastated by the kariya hit if memory serves. if someone cut across the ice with his head down, stevens tried to thump him. thats a little different from using your stick as a weapon and jabbing someone in the nuts after the whistle

Feb 24, 2017
My man Sami once played a playoff game with a ruptured/nearly ruptured(depending on which report you choose to believe) testical.

Nut up, Nico.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I agree....but this is a spear in the nuts...and that's kinda dirty.
Not trolling, but I don't even have to watch it to know that it wasn't as dirty as other stuff that's already happened. These witch-hunt threads after every game have gotten ridiculous. That's what I was getting at.

I definitely don't condone dirty stuff, but that game got pretty heated at the end, so I'm not gonna hold it against Hedman. I don't have to watch it to know that it was a dumb thing to do, and Hedman's experienced enough to know better. That actually bothers me more, because being a smart player is one of his strengths.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Not trolling, but I don't even have to watch it to know that it wasn't as dirty as other stuff that's already happened. These witch-hunt threads after every game have gotten ridiculous. That's what I was getting at.

I definitely don't condone dirty stuff, but that game got pretty heated at the end, so I'm not gonna hold it against Hedman. I don't have to watch it to know that it was a dumb thing to do, and Hedman's experienced enough to know better. That actually bothers me more, because being a smart player is one of his strengths.
This is such a weird stance....since when is there levels of dirty? Hedman intentionally speared the guy in the nuts, that's dirty no matter what any other player in any other game did.

Reactions: Jersey Fresh and Pi

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Dumb question, but these guys are wearing cups?

Cheap play and to excuse it s homerism. I'm not even a NJ fan but I cringed when I saw the replay. And you fail when you try to say it wasn't as cheap as other shots. Speaking of nutting up - TB fans just need to admit it was dirty. It's not like they were the one who did it.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Blatant and deliberate. Should get something from the DoPS. I saw it live and boy, was Hischier ticked off. For a second or two, I thought he was going to go up to Hedman and start something (and get destroyed).

IDK, Hedman is a powder puff even though he's so big. Had some early career concussion problems which really forced him to change his game up considerably. his body can't handle it. Hedman isn't known to do stuff like this, and I'm hoping that whatever kind of retaliation the Devils have in store for him doesn't leave him concussed. Cope with a retaliatory cheap shot, just stay away from everything above the shoulders.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Dumb question, but these guys are wearing cups?

Cheap play and to excuse it s homerism. I'm not even a NJ fan but I cringed when I saw the replay. And you fail when you try to say it wasn't as cheap as other shots. Speaking of nutting up - TB fans just need to admit it was dirty. It's not like they were the one who did it.

eh. I think we have one guy who's refusing to watch the replay while the rest of us agree it was dirty. Don't expect us to picket any games though

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hedman is not a dirty player. WTF is going on with these boards lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->