Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Hey guys, I'm gonna be going to watch the Islanders and Penguins on November 26th and was wondering if anyone that frequents Nassau Coliseum knows what entrance the players use.

I'm coming out from Winnipeg and as an avid autograph collector, I would love to catch a glimpse of some of the players from both the Islanders and the Penguins with the possibility of hitting them up for an autograph or to even pose for a photograph.

What time do they usually begin to arrive at the Coliseum when game time is 7 PM.

From an out of town fan, any information you can give me will be a great help. Hoping to make my NY trip a memorable one.

Thanks in advance. (I will be cheering for the Islanders just because)http://hfboards.com/images/smilies/nod.gif

crisb

Nov 5, 2006
Long Island
Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?

Purple Tentacle

Oct 24, 2007
NYC
Hey guys. How is Section 322 row L? No obstruction right? Not the farthest up right? Anybody have a pic of this view?

No seat at the coliseum has obstruction of the ice. Some of the higher seats have scoreboard obstruction but make up for it with flat screen TVs. And i know there's a row S i don't know if it goes further than that though. Can't remember.

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/new_york...://islanders.nhl.com/team/app/&sec=322&row=L&

If that doesn't work for some reason go to newyorkislanders.com and scroll down and you'll see a spot on the right to put in your section and row.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Quick seating question?

Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Hi guys,

Im in gonna be in NY in March and hoping to catch the Isles vs Wild. Im after a cheap ticket, as the trip is costing enough to start with.

Anyway, theres seats in 325 for $30 and in 329 for $19. Both say they are "limited view" seats. Any further info on this? are they gonna be real bad, or just a bit of leaning to the side involved?

Any other advice on tickets, will i get better deals nearer the time? Is there a good ticket exchange? and will it be sold out?

Thanks!

329 is more in the corner. Limited view just means you cant see the scorebaord. You can see the game and the ice just fine.

YoureMyBoyLou

Sep 20, 2007
New York, NY
Hi guys,

Thanks!

The one good thing about the Islanders right now is that there are always plenty of seats available.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks guys! Great help, as long as i can see every inch of the ice its all good.

I've just seen the FAQ...

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
honestly? Buy the cheapest seat you can---tip an usher $10 after the first period to sit in a better seat.

Jokerit Wasp

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the replies, and now i just have to get to the arena. Also some good instructions on the front post.

Islander102

Dec 28, 2006
JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
JW- If you havent already, dont buy a ticket. JUst get one from a scalper outside, or wait on line until the event nears. There will be plenty of good seats well below 50% off face (as in lower level, or upper center ice). No need to rush now, ive gotten 95 dollar seats for 30 outside and youll be looking at deals just as good considering its a weeknight vs a nonrival and the isles BLOW. But really, all the seats at the NVMC are great, the place is really tiny.

Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?

Killer Carlson

Nov 8, 2005
Dallas/Fort Worth
Im hoping to catch the 4th April game against the Lightning, will that be the same, or being a saturday and one of the last games of the season busier?

I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play! :D

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
I wouldn't worry one bit about getting tickets to that game. Hell, if we purge at the deadline and you show up with skates, the Isles might ask you to play! :D

So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case:D

Hunter07

Aug 25, 2005
Long Island
So if I just turn up on the day I should be able to get some cheap tickets? And would they be pretty decent tickets available? Or is it normally the crappier tickets that are up for grabs?

And yep I will bring my skates just in case:D
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
You can get great tix any day by showing up, but Rags games. That is pretty much how it works now-a-days. If you are a student you can get great seats for cheap. We also had a thread with ticketmaster discount codes. So look at that and you may just use one of those. There was a buy one get one free and there was one where you get around 40% off.

Ah, thanks very much for your help.:)

DevilBesideYou

Apr 10, 2007
Route 206 S
Does the shop at the Coliseum sell Richard Park player t shirts? If so, for how much? I have been looking online for them but haven't found any.

JD SabreFan

Aug 7, 2005
Buffalo, NY
emersonetem.ytmnd.com
Taking a trip to the Island.

For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old :handclap:

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?
:help:

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
For the Isles/Sabres game with a few friends..

Should I bring a knife for protection? How rowdy do you fans get with opposing teams? Because I have seen the intense YouTube video from the four drunk 17 year olds yelling profanities near a 7 year old :handclap:

Any pointers? What are some good watering holes before the game?
:help:

Just act the total opposite of Rag$ fans and you will be perfectly fine, Have fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad