TSN: Nashville Aquires James Neal from Pittsburgh for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Neal is starting to look like himself lately. 2 G past 3 games & rang one off the post tonight in OT. The release on that shot was ridiculous.

Last edited:

RoyalAir

Looks Better In Gold
Jan 12, 2006
SE Tennessee
Neal is starting to look like himself lately. 2 G past 3 games & rang one off the post tonight in OT. The release on that shot was ridiculous.

Agreed. I wasn't much of a Neal fan dating back to his time in Dallas, but he's starting to come online here lately. His release on the Ribeiro pass (that was a goal) was gorgeous, and I thought for sure that he had the GW in OT. That shot left his blade so fast, Dubnyk was still trying to make the save when it had already bounced off the post. A half inch difference, and it's in. Beautiful shot.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Need to find a way to get Neal in better scoring positions on the power play and at the same time keep the puck out of his hands more on the power play.:laugh: He's not much a puck handler or play maker. He's a pure triggerman and a damn good one to boot.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Need to find a way to get Neal in better scoring positions on the power play and at the same time keep the puck out of his hands more on the power play.:laugh: He's not much a puck handler or play maker. He's a pure triggerman and a damn good one to boot.

Agreed.

I just wish we could've kept Horny. I feel like the addition of Neal would've been even better with Horny to clean his garbage up. Doubt we could've swung a different package out there (like Wilson + 1st or something similar) that would've been accepted, but Neal Ribs and Horny on the PP could've been great.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
From what I've seen, Neal is the kind of guy who will do nothing, then come out of nowhere and rip an absolute bullet top corner and score. We don't usually have guys like that. I like it.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014

He can handle or play the puck with the best of them but if you watch him closely he passes real quick which is the a sign of a skilled player , knowing where his team mates are all the time. But if he isn't playing with guys who move it around quick in short little passes he has to adjust his game to a slower pace with less results. Players love to be on his line after learning how he moves the puck for a quick shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad