TSN: Nashville Aquires James Neal from Pittsburgh for Patric Hornqvist and Nick Spaling

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
In that case I don't know. I know they have him scoring one from behind the goal line in that chart so that one must have deflected.

Well I have emailed them asking them how the pin the spots and provided the video above and the other spot in question. We will see if they email me back.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I remember one night in Columbus kimmo and vokoun kicked a goal a piece into our own net and we ended up losing by 2 goals that night. It was heart breaking.

Josi and Bartley did the same last year. I believe it was against the Ducks.

tigga334

#Girldad
Apr 9, 2007
Pittsburgh
Hornqvist has great for us. 4g-4a in 4 games but his shot is actually above average. Quick release and isn't shy about shooting it. He already has great chemistry with crosby. hes the type of player sid likes on his wing plus hes a right shot. The crosby line (with kunitz also) has among the leagues best but the great thing is hornqvist has made our pp unstoppable. he owns the front of the net and malkin and crosby are going crazy on the pp.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Hornqvist has great for us. 4g-4a in 4 games but his shot is actually above average. Quick release and isn't shy about shooting it. He already has great chemistry with crosby. hes the type of player sid likes on his wing plus hes a right shot. The crosby line (with kunitz also) has among the leagues best but the great thing is hornqvist has made our pp unstoppable. he owns the front of the net and malkin and crosby are going crazy on the pp.

Funny when he was here, everyone said we didn't have a true top 6 player. Trade him away and he's the best ever.

Right now, we lost that trade, although I don't know that Hornqvist would fit this style of hockey. Neal on the other hand hasn't really done enough. Still early.

We haven't lost in regulation, so I won't ***** too much.

Good for Hornqvist though, don't find many better people. Now excuse me why I go to Washington's board to tell them how much I like Forsberg, no wait, I won't do that, because I don't need too.

Last edited by a moderator:

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Funny when he was here, everyone said we didn't have a true top 6 player. Trade him away and he's the best ever.

Good for Hornqvist though, don't find many better people. Now excuse me why I go to Washington's board to tell them how much I like Forsberg, no wait, I won't do that, because I don't need too.

Agreed. McPhee must have been on a 7 day bender when he made the Forsberg trade. And i'm not worrying about Neal yet, we're only 5 games in and I'm sure the Forsberg, Ribeiro and Neal line will be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Not bad for a guy picked dead last in the draft. Always loved Hornqvist. Glad he is doing well. Hopefully, Neal will start producing as well.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Yeah Crosby would make a turd on skates look pretty decent, so I'm sure Horns is flourishing with him. We knew he was a good player when we traded him, which is what you have to do if you want to get a good player in return. Horns is what you needed, Neal is what we needed. Cool how it works out that way sometimes. :nod:

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Not bad for a guy picked dead last in the draft. Always loved Hornqvist. Glad he is doing well. Hopefully, Neal will start producing as well.

Neal will produce he's just streaky when he does. He'll score 1 goal in 10 games and then score 10 the next 5.

He has one of the sickest shots in the league. Between him and Weber on the PP, the other goalie is going to have to be like Gumby to make saves.

I Will Son

An Army of One
Feb 15, 2010
Nashville
Hornqvists game compliments Sid and Geno perfect.. It's no secret he would produce there.
He never had that here, if he had dynamic forwards with him in NSH, he would have had higher numbers

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I am happy for Hornqvist and when you have Crosby and Malkin he is a great fit for them but when he is your best player that isn't good. It is a trade that worked for both teams. I'm not worried about Neal he'll get going with Forsberg and Ribero as they've looked good the last couple of games. We are winning while guys haven't been their best so I'm not complaining.

hiptanaka

Jan 12, 2006
Woonsocket
Neal takes time to adjust. He didn't score a lot for us when we first traded for him, but his skillset was very readily apparent. When he's fully acclimated and comfortable, the goals will come.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
It was a good deal for both teams.

Yeah, I hope that's how it winds up too. I'm loving Hornqvist in Pittsburgh. He isn't the shooter Neal is but he has a nice all around game and is a right shot that we desperately needed. Neal will heat up statistically at some point. He's just a bit of a streaky scorer.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Neal takes time to adjust. He didn't score a lot for us when we first traded for him, but his skillset was very readily apparent. When he's fully acclimated and comfortable, the goals will come.

Neal is very talented but he does miss having Pens talent arround him. He will be fine in time and hopefully he carrys Forsberg with him. If FF Neal and Riberio do not start clicking were gonna see Roy given a chance on that line.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I can just tell by watching Neal that he will likely produce better for us than HQ over time. He shows a skill set we haven't seen here very often and right now just isn't finding the back of the net. I think it will come.

Ultimately, way too early to judge this trade imo.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I can just tell by watching Neal that he will likely produce better for us than HQ over time. He shows a skill set we haven't seen here very often and right now just isn't finding the back of the net. I think it will come.

Ultimately, way too early to judge this trade imo.

Also, career 12.4% shooter currently at 6.3%. He'll get going. Hornqvist may outproduce him still, but that's the luxury of playing with the best player in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: