LeBrun: Nash, Grabner Trade Deals happening; both pulled from lineup tonight (Mod post #353)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
The guy scored 27 last season and already has 25 this year in 59 games with no pp time and playing with mostly bottom 6 players. The guy is a defensive beast aswell. Some serious underrating going on.

Doesn't change the fact that no one will give up a 1st for him. I can't stand the thought of the guy on my team and think anything over a 3rd will be a waste, but we'll see how it plays out.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He's a good player, but you're not getting a 1st for a good bottom-6 player (which is what I've seen him described by Rangers fans to be). Something equal in value to a 1st? That's more reasonable, but I can't see any teams trading a 1st in a buyers market with a supposedly good draft for Grabner.

I would guess that we are getting something worth our while if we are trading him before Monday. Something that would CAUSE us to not wait until deadline day.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
call up due to someone going on i.r. more then likely.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
taking a quick look at BOS cap situation, getting R.Nash in there with his cap hit would be pretty difficult. NYR can obv retain, but even if they retained the 50% max that's still a $3.9 hit that needs to be fitted in somehow. And I can't see NYR being willing to take on any $ unless it's a player on the last year of his deal.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
I would welcome him back on Toronto for sure.

dont know what the rangers would want though- Komorov, leivo and a 2nd?

Dano85

Oct 8, 2016
taking a quick look at BOS cap situation, getting R.Nash in there with his cap hit would be pretty difficult. NYR can obv retain, but even if they retained the 50% max that's still a $3.9 hit that needs to be fitted in somehow. And I can't see NYR being willing to take on any $ unless it's a player on the last year of his deal.

they don't take on his whole salary....i think nashbrest of season was 1.7M cap friendly posted I'll see if I can find it

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

Uh... you don't need to fit the entire $3.9million. Only the remaining amount for the season.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
He's a good player, but you're not getting a 1st for a good bottom-6 player (which is what I've seen him described by Rangers fans to be). Something equal in value to a 1st? That's more reasonable, but I can't see any teams trading a 1st in a buyers market with a supposedly good draft for Grabner.

You can say that he'll bring back a 1st, but what team is giving up that 1st for him? I've heard multiple GMs say they're flat out not trading 1st rounders or great prospects for rentals.
you keep saying this is a buyers market.....it really isn't :help:

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Doesn't change the fact that no one will give up a 1st for him. I can't stand the thought of the guy on my team and think anything over a 3rd will be a waste, but we'll see how it plays out.

I can see how you can loathe the possibility of adding a speedy winger that can slot anywhere in the lineup, kill penalties and score 30 goals without any power play time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad