Proposal: Nash and Lundqvist for?

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Both Nash and Lundpads are career losers tied to disgusting contracts. No interest in either for a mountain of assets, and no interest in Lundpads in any circumstance. Anything over $7 million for goalie is just a burden for a team, no matter how good the goalie.

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
The only guy I'd want right now off that team is McDonough. He would really help us.

That said, these teams will never trade with each other and as other posters have said, Fffff them anyway.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I just don't know what problem it's trying to solve. Is Lundqvist better than Halak or Greiss? Maybe a little bit at this point, but not a whole lot. Three out of the last four seasons Nash has produced less than 40 points, is that better than Nelson who had put up over 40 for the past three seasons? Nash is more talented overall, but I don't know if it's a worthwhile move.
Lundqvist is better than either of our goalies. Playing behind a swiss cheese team defense like the Rags hasn’t helped hm the last 2 seasons, but I’m not sure Hank would fare much better behind our team. A little, but not much better.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The only guy I'd want right now off that team is McDonough. He would really help us.

That said, these teams will never trade with each other and as other posters have said, Fffff them anyway.
I’d also take Buchnevich.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Both are old and in steep decline.

I wouldn't even trade Nelson for Nash one-for-one.

Edit: and I wouldn't trade Greiss for 40-years old Lundquist.

Last edited:

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
too old, we can get someone younger with more upside playing at lundquist's current level for cheap. Nash is a playoff ghost and no longer a regular contributor..hard pass

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
McDonagh would be good. Give them the equivalent to Hamonic.. Nash and Lundqvist can kick rocks.

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
The only thing that would make this trade of value to me is to actually have Lundquist win a cup here and cause significant emotional distress to the Rangers fanbase.

That said, Nash and Lundquist don't get us there.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Rangers get a bunch of nothing back except for "draft pick(s)". They'd net a lot more assets trading each player separately and not to the Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad