Clutterbuck 3.5m
Halak 4.5m
Nelson 2.5m
Hickey 2.2m
Draft pick(s)
13.3 million going to Rangers

Nash 7.8
Lundqvist 8.5
16.3 coming back and we have 3 million in cap space.

Forget that it's the Rangers for a moment and it makes sense.

We get a #1 goalie and Nash for the rest of the season

What we look like after trade

Lee JT Bailey
Nash Barzal Eberle
Ladd Beauvillier Ho-Sang
Kulemin Cizikas Chimera

Lundqvist
Greiss

Thoughts?

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Nash and Lundquist were great players in their prime -- now? clearly both on the decline. Havent we had enough of older "talent"?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Nash disappears down the stretch like clockwork. We already have Brock Nelson to do that. Scott Mayfield is a keeper. I'd love to have Lundqvist but I want no part of Nash. Rework the trade and get back to me.;)

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Mayfield 625k
Clutterbuck 3.5m
Halak 4.5m
Nelson 2.5m
Hickey 2.2m
Draft pick(s)
13.3 million going to Rangers

Nash 7.8
Lundqvist 8.5
16.3 coming back and we have 3 million in cap space.

Forget that it's the Rangers for a moment and it makes sense.

We get a #1 goalie and Nash for the rest of the season

What we look like after trade

Lee JT Bailey
Nash Barzal Eberle
Ladd Beauvillier Ho-Sang
Kulemin Cizikas Chimera

Lundqvist
Greiss

Thoughts?

Not sure Lundqvist is an upgrade over Halak

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Nash sucks. I think I'd rather have Brock Nelson over Rick Nash straight up. It's slightly knee jerk, but I'm honestly thinking out loud about it -- someone might need to convince me. Nash hasn't outscored Nelson since 2015 (which was the last time Nash was good), and isn't again so far this year. And that's with Nelson playing less minutes on our 2nd/3rd line and on and off our top PP throughout that time. They both can look pretty damn invisible at times. It's not like Nash isn't putting up points on a low scoring team, he often is hardly noticeable.

The Lundqvist part would be such a favor to the Rangers to take on that contract. 3 more years with that contract and he's not elite anymore. He's still good, but not the Henrik we all got used to year in and year out. Let's not forget that Raanta and Talbot were huge parts of the regular seasons recently.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'd rather trade for Jagr than Nash...holy cow. Lundqvist is not looking great either. We may not have the best goalie tandem, but it is definitely NOT the worst.

Our problem is holding onto players too long...past their due date so to speak. We need to trade players when their value is up and stats are padded...ala Bailey. We need to trade him NOW. We will never get return on Bailey like we can now.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I'd rather trade for Jagr than Nash...holy cow. Lundqvist is not looking great either. We may not have the best goalie tandem, but it is definitely NOT the worst.

Our problem is holding onto players too long...past their due date so to speak. We need to trade players when their value is up and stats are padded...ala Bailey. We need to trade him NOW. We will never get return on Bailey like we can now.

So trade Barzal after his 5 assist night? His stock is at its peak ; )

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't understand this idea at all. Lundqvist is average these days, and Nash is an enigma. Not to mention, that Lundqvist deal is awful for the next three seasons.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I want the Isles to win a Cup and also want this meme to still mean something. Therefore, I do not want Lundqvist.

upload_2017-11-7_12-29-39.png

Reactions: 2ndGenIslander

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Ok. Not a good idea I gather. I tried.

I just don't know what problem it's trying to solve. Is Lundqvist better than Halak or Greiss? Maybe a little bit at this point, but not a whole lot. Three out of the last four seasons Nash has produced less than 40 points, is that better than Nelson who had put up over 40 for the past three seasons? Nash is more talented overall, but I don't know if it's a worthwhile move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad