Value of: Nail Yakupov at the deadline

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's not moving at the deadline. If he's good AVS keep him (he's young and still under team control at the end of the year). If he's not good no team wants him.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He's not moving at the deadline. If he's good AVS keep him (he's young and still under team control at the end of the year). If he's not good no team wants him.

Is he under team control? I assumed that because he wasn't qualified by the Blues and signed with the Avs as a UFA, he's now a UFA going forward. Not that I'm complaining, I just didn't think the rule worked that way. But, I do see him listed as a RFA at the end of the season on CapFriendly, so I guess that's good news for the Avs.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the Avs keep im. He's looking quite good thus far as an Avalanche and they're playing some good hockey as well this year.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Yak has no value to any other team. If he fits with COL keep him. If he fits for multiple seasons then someone may overlook that he has been a failure almost everywhere else he's played and give him another chance.

I thought he looked pretty good for the Blues at the beginning of the season last year as well. I really like the kid and hope he doesn't fall off again, this has got to be his last shot in the NHL.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Nothing. Until he proves he can score for more than a week or two at a time.

If he does keep scoring, try to extend him for cheap. He's bounced around a bit and is probably looking for a team that will show him some loyalty. Be that team.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Yakupov continues to play like he has been there's no way he ends up anywhere else. The Avs will reward him with a better contract and Yakupov will probably reward the Avs with a fair price for giving him the opportunity to rejuvenate his career. It's reallllllll early, but this looks like a real good relationship. Yakupov loves being an Av and he's already a huge fan favorite. Plus he's delivering.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He'll be re-signed long, long before that point and we'll be quite happy, thanks.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Yakupov fits a void in the Avs lineup. The ability to get a puck on net.

The number of times Avs players have missed the net, failed to score into an empty net or missed a 50/50 puck entirely is a shame over the years. Yakupov is a puck hound, he finds it, gets it on net and it almost never misses its mark. I don't care if he has ok zone awareness and roams a bit, he's a treat offensively so far just because of his shooting ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad