Value of: Nail Yakupov at the deadline

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
I honestly hope the Avs re-sign him, but who knows. I'm guessing a 3rd for him?

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yakupov's track record makes little sense for a team to trade for him as a playoff piece.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Yakupov has had trouble finding the right fit and so far he has been producing well for Colorado he should re-sign with them instead of moving to another team where there is good chance he wont fit well with the new team. If he ain't producing then I know I wouldn't want him on my team.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I would be very surprised if he was moved because in scenario one where he has a bad season, nobody will likely want him and in the second scenario where he has a good season, the young Avs would likely want to keep him.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If Yak continues to play like he is jhe would re-sign with the Avalance no way would he want to play elsewhere. Avalance have given him top 6 role to begin with and talented linemates.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
There aren't many teams that would give Yakupov the same opportunity he's getting in Colorado. He's a good fit there, no reason for them to trade him away.

Reactions: BlueBaron

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Glad Yakupv is doing well and hope he keeps it up . He a very likeable guy . As for the OP A former 1st OA that cost the Avs nothing to acquire won't be traded . If he good Avs keep him and hope he can finally live up to his draft hype giving them a 1st OA talent for free . If he doesn't have a good year no one is going to want him . It will be his 3rd team over his short career and I just don't think he will be given another chance .

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wouldn't be the first top draft pick to drift around the NHL before finding his talent with another team....I realize he was done with the Oilers, but they dealt both Yakupov and Justin Shultz for peanuts.....and it's apparent that all they needed was a change of scenery......one of the baffling things about the NHL.....how one high pick can flop and get run out of town, only to re-surface and realize all that talent somewhere else.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
conditional 3rd-4th.

He would need to have 45-50pts in 60ish games to be in 2nd range

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Avs will likely keep him , I know it's very early in the season but so far it's a good fit for both sides , Yak and the Avs.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Wouldn't be the first top draft pick to drift around the NHL before finding his talent with another team....I realize he was done with the Oilers, but they dealt both Yakupov and Justin Shultz for peanuts.....and it's apparent that all they needed was a change of scenery......one of the baffling things about the NHL.....how one high pick can flop and get run out of town, only to re-surface and realize all that talent somewhere else.

all the talent? pretty sure the previous busts just ended up becoming depth players.
Daigle and Stefan come to mind. I think Yak has a chance to be a 50pt player in the right situation. I think he is a year or 2 away from bolting to the KHL though..

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
24 year old, former 1st overall pick who is playing well on a rebuilding team? Seems like a no brainer to keep around for the Avs.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Hope he keeps it up. As far as deadline value goes, it's hard to say. He played poorly on Anaheim, and was shit with St.Louis. He's been gifted minutes in Colorado, would he have the same impact on a contender that would likely have him on a 2nd or 3rd line?

RobbieJMosher

Jul 8, 2012
I feel like Yak is the type of guy that wouldn't want to leave. He had such a rough few years and lost a lot of confidence. He's talked about changing sticks, equipment and preparations, he's talked about feeling lonely, I feel like if he succeeds, plays well and meshes with his teammates, he'd take a friendly deal to stay in Colorado.

Good old Russian kid

Reactions: HOPE

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
also wanted to habs to sign him, not because of Galchenyuk, just always liked the kid and thought he could end up flourish under the right circonstances! no clue if it would have been with the habs, i doubt it but still!! I hope he can keep going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad