Injury Report: Myers out for season

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
As others have said, I am guessing this is a hairline fracture or something similar, not discovered until he was x-rayed.

I would think 6 weeks would be a normal recovery time. I don't think this ruins his summer workout regimen at all.

Sadly, it is not immediately obvious if this helps or hurts the tank effort.

He's been playing better lately. I'd say it helps the tank. Especially when his replacement is either Scott or Biega at this point.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Alternatively, just goes to show that one can have misplaced expectations.

True.

I love having Pegula as an owner but I think it just goes to show you that throwing money around isn't always the answer. If it was, the Rangers would have won 10 Cups in the last 20 years.

I'm sure it is a learning process for him and, hopefully, he is getting it.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
As others have said, I am guessing this is a hairline fracture or something similar, not discovered until he was x-rayed.

I would think 6 weeks would be a normal recovery time. I don't think this ruins his summer workout regimen at all.

Sadly, it is not immediately obvious if this helps or hurts the tank effort.

While still not perfect, Myers has been playing better lately, and he's been logging ~25 minutes a night and facing top QoC. Given that our replacement options are basically Scott and Biega, I think we can safely say this will help the tank.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Ott hodgson gerbe
Vanek ennis stafford
Foligno porter flynn
Kaleta hecht Adam
X Ellis (if need be )

Ehrhoff Scott
Pardy sekera
Pysyk Weber

Peefect

ManuelCalavera

La-La-La-Locked Out
Apr 7, 2003
Rochester, NY
Visit site
Any interest in bringing a McKee/Warrener pairing out of retirement for a few games? At least the fans wouldnt boo them.

Anyway, really looking forward to Scott on D. The 2006 Game 7 ECF D-corps ain't got nothin' on this ****.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Ooooohhhh, only a hairline fracture AND Scott on D? Yes, I like this development very much now.

(I know neither have been confirmed)

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
The Sabres will most likely be picking 3rd or 4th this upcoming draft.
They could maybe trade their pick to Colorado or Calgary plus the other 1st rounder they've got and end up with Seth Jones.
He'd look pretty good on any blue line.

They could just keep their pick and end up with MacKinnon or Drouin or Barkov....

Should be a fun draft for you guys....
Add one of those guys to Girgenson and Grigorenko and suddenly a rebuild will be pretty fun to watch.

** Edit... either way, they'll still be better than the Bills next year :)

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Any interest in bringing a McKee/Warrener pairing out of retirement for a few games? At least the fans wouldnt boo them.

Anyway, really looking forward to Scott on D. The 2006 Game 7 ECF D-corps ain't got nothin' on this ****.

I was thinking about a defensive pairing of Brad Brown and Iron Mike Wilson. That would help with the tanking strategy and would provide a level of talent and effort that even Steve Ott could approve of booing.

sabrescupchamps2099

Baseball season!
Dec 30, 2011
Buffalo, New York
And miss the playoffs by one point.
That would be very fitting for the Sabres ...

I'm hoping the Isles fall out of contention and the Devils keep playing terribly. If they do, there may be a chance for 8th. Very slim but not impossible. I've said this before that they won't make the playoffs but if we win all these games in regulation...

indigoo

Nov 26, 2011
While still not perfect, Myers has been playing better lately, and he's been logging ~25 minutes a night and facing top QoC. Given that our replacement options are basically Scott and Biega, I think we can safely say this will help the tank.

Let those tanks roll over me, folks. Let 'em roll.

Scott for D 2013!

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
This will help the tank greatly. Myers has been playing much better lately while logging in more minutes.

HiddenInLight

Sep 4, 2011
Scott plays D larrson gets a look at the NHL level? Would love to see that. Either that or their choice of Gauntier-Leduc, Biega or Scheistel get a look. Either way, hopefully we will see a fresh face to get a look at.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm hoping the Isles fall out of contention and the Devils keep playing terribly. If they do, there may be a chance for 8th. Very slim but not impossible. I've said this before that they won't make the playoffs but if we win all these games in regulation...

Please no----I want them to chase carolina.....

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sign Jake McCabe.

I think we wants to play his junior year at Wisconsin. Looking at how other d-men from that school have turned out with that much time there, I'm all for it.

Play Scott at D (for the tank!) and give Larsson a look, or really screw over the Amerks (and still help the tank) and call up Biega or Schiestel.

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
For the Tanking effort, I'm worried losing Myers will actually make them better.

This. Seriously.

Unless they replace him with this:

Pylon.jpg

And then still, I'm not convinced it won't hurt the tank more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad