Injury Report: Myers out for season

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
He finished the game, though. He played the third period with a broken leg?

I believe so, he also showed no effects of a leg injury after the game.

He took a PK slapper with about 4 minutes left in the second and was in pain, probably figured it was just a stinger.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Still pretty crazy. The leg only has so many bones, and breaking/fracturing any of them is pretty serious. Finishing the game with that is pretty amazing.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So Rochester is screwed once again. The Sabres should just move Scott to defense and call it a day. WHo cares.

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Still pretty crazy. The leg only has so many bones, and breaking/fracturing any of them is pretty serious. Finishing the game with that is pretty amazing.

Agreed. Get better Tyler, we'll need ya next season that's for damn sure.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I'm only worried that this will hamper any training he may be doing in the off-season. I think we can all agree that Myers needs an off-season with a vigorous training schedule.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

Hope its minor, dont need Myers sitting around 3-4 months this offseason.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

When I broke my ankle... I continued to work for another 5 hours.... I didn't realize how bad it was until I stopped moving around.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Pretty sure it will only be a 4-6 week recovery, he should be able to start training by late May if all goes well. Then again I am not a doctor.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
He finished the game, though. He played the third period with a broken leg?

Yea, my dad one time was playing fast-pitch softball. He took a pitch on the knee, and broke his kneecap. He finished playing the game, and did not realize it was broken until several hours afterwards.

While not perfect, Myers has been playing much better the last few weeks. This will obviously hurt, but the tank people I am sure will celebrate a bit.

koarl

Mar 19, 2011
Graz / Austria
If he could play after the incident, he will be fine at draft day, latest. So it won't hurt in his offseason trainings.

I fully support playing Scott at D :)

RattleYourSabre

Jan 12, 2013
Injuries have not been kind to the Amerks. The Sabres were meh healthy... But now that injuries have been occurring (and trades) the Amerks are on a downward spiral.

If they call a D up, the Amerks D is in total shambles.

I can't imagine a defender being called up not named "Biega" if they called one up.

That leaves the Amerks D as:

Nick Bailen
Jason Beattie
Nick Crawford
Jerome Gauthier-Leduc
Drew Schiestel
Matt MacKenzie

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Different model Tanks:

"The Scott" - (Play Scott at "D". Dress 11 forwards.)

"The Biega" - (Amerk recall.)

"The 1970's" - (Rotate 5 D the way teams did before skating rosters were expanded.)

"The JGL" - (Amerk Recall)

"The Jeep" - (Asst coach signed to playing contract)

"The Ruff" - (Bring out the WD-40 and see if you can bust free the rust from the Tank treads.)

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
As others have said, I am guessing this is a hairline fracture or something similar, not discovered until he was x-rayed.

I would think 6 weeks would be a normal recovery time. I don't think this ruins his summer workout regimen at all.

Sadly, it is not immediately obvious if this helps or hurts the tank effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad