OT: My own hockey radio show

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
I just wanted to spread the word, a friend of mine and fellow poster on the Ranger board and I have a Hockey Talk Radio Show starting up on Thursday, it will be on Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and it is called "Off The Post". We will be airing on Sportsonthego1, you can view them on their facebook page, on the TuneInRadio app, the Periscope app, or on their website www.sportsonthego1.com.

We'll be talking about local hockey (NYR, NYI, NJD) in addition to playoff coverage and we will be having some guests, most notably on 5/17/18, we'll be having Arthur Staple of The Athletic (former beat writer for NYR & NYI for Newsday) and other notable guests in the future. In addition, we'll be going to the NHL draft in Dallas in June to cover it there, for our other show on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 2:00pm, called "On Ice".

Feel free to tune in, call in and ask questions and check out the shows.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Steve Sommers?

Nah -- there is a poster here called 1CalledSteve -- him and someone else, plus the ever popular Bway Jay had a three person podcast during the Pens series which was fun. Course it was plagued with audio problems where one person was barely audible and another was blasting through -- but it was a good one -- especially when they gave me shoutout one time.

Can't beat that.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Nah -- there is a poster here called 1CalledSteve -- him and someone else, plus the ever popular Bway Jay had a three person podcast during the Pens series which was fun. Course it was plagued with audio problems where one person was barely audible and another was blasting through -- but it was a good one -- especially when they gave me shoutout one time.

Can't beat that.

We hope to not have those same audio problems, it sounds like it was an ear sore.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland

Can't beat that.
Got you!

scott99

May 13, 2005
You should have intelligent hockey fans on your radio show, some of them know more about hockey than the so-called professionals.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
You should have intelligent hockey fans on your radio show, some of them know more about hockey than the so-called professionals.

One of our main goals is to get the fans involved. Special guests are nice and can help legitimize us, but the most important thing of all is establishing a listener/viewer base and a big part of that is getting the fans involved, whether it be from calling in, facebook, periscope, or possibly even on here one day, we'd like everyone to be involved and have this be a listener/viewer friendly and interactive experience.

Reactions: Bones45

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
Steve Sommers?

Thanks Bones, appreciate the shout out. I still lurk on here but obviously don't post much as life typically gets in the way. The main trouble with that podcast was trying to do an impromptu podcast with up to 4 people through Skype with whatever basic recording software I could get my hands on. If I could actually get everyone to my house or neutral meet up I have quality microphones and could o it legitimately but I digress.

I actually worked as a sports director of a radio station in Buffalo from '09 to '12 when I was in college and currently do play by play for LI Junior Royals/Lady Isles/LI Rebels out of Dix Hills during their seasons.

Ziggy,

If you ever want an informative guest with radio experience, physics/analytics back ground and a mild/dark sense of humor feel free to reach out. Good luck with the show!

Reactions: Bones45

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Thanks Bones, appreciate the shout out. I still lurk on here but obviously don't post much as life typically gets in the way. The main trouble with that podcast was trying to do an impromptu podcast with up to 4 people through Skype with whatever basic recording software I could get my hands on. If I could actually get everyone to my house or neutral meet up I have quality microphones and could o it legitimately but I digress.

I actually worked as a sports director of a radio station in Buffalo from '09 to '12 when I was in college and currently do play by play for LI Junior Royals/Lady Isles/LI Rebels out of Dix Hills during their seasons.

Ziggy,

If you ever want an informative guest with radio experience, physics/analytics back ground and a mild/dark sense of humor feel free to reach out. Good luck with the show!

Oh f***. Forgot about all that Corsi nonsense.. Ok.. If you must.......

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006

Ziggy,

Haha, thanks man. You got it

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just to update, the time slot on Friday is now going to be 5:30PM-7:00PM. Thursday time remains the same.

1calledsteve

Dec 17, 2013
Long Island
Oh ****. Forgot about all that Corsi nonsense.. Ok.. If you must.......

Yeah, the corsi specific stuff is certainly interesting but in my opinion not the end all be all that some people made it out to be. I really like what some people in the industry are trying accomplish in their methodologies for Wins above replacement and Goals above replacement. Very intriguing information both from a data collection perspective and from a result perspective.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Just wanted to let you guys know that we will have a guest for our first show tomorrow, Brian Compton. He will be on at 7PM!

Arthur Staple will be on next Thursday

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I just wanted to spread the word, a friend of mine and fellow poster on the Ranger board and I have a Hockey Talk Radio Show starting up on Thursday, it will be on Thursdays and Fridays from 6:30pm - 8:00pm and it is called "Off The Post". We will be airing on Sportsonthego1, you can view them on their facebook page, on the TuneInRadio app, the Periscope app, or on their website www.sportsonthego1.com.

We'll be talking about local hockey (NYR, NYI, NJD) in addition to playoff coverage and we will be having some guests, most notably on 5/17/18, we'll be having Arthur Staple of The Athletic (former beat writer for NYR & NYI for Newsday) and other notable guests in the future. In addition, we'll be going to the NHL draft in Dallas in June to cover it there, for our other show on Saturdays from 12:00pm - 2:00pm, called "On Ice".

Feel free to tune in, call in and ask questions and check out the shows.
I will definitely check your show out . I am looking forward to the Staple interview. Seems Art has grown a backbone now that he has left Newsday.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Is it easy to get Compton and Staple to come on the show? I guess they are self branding...I just thought they'd be more snooty about it. Like ...me..on your show? Who the F* are you?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
In case we didn't leave it before, the number to the station for anyone who wants to call in is 631-676-2968. As @ziggy7716 stated, we will be having Brian Compton from NHL.com calling in at 7pm, otherwise feel free to call into the show. We hope to hear from some of you.

ziggy7716

Oct 20, 2006
Is it easy to get Compton and Staple to come on the show? I guess they are self branding...I just thought they'd be more snooty about it. Like ...me..on your show? Who the F* are you?

Haha well truth is my seats at the Barclays are right next to the media section so one day I introduced my self to Arthur and mentioned my brother is a Journalist for Newsday and he knew of him so that helped build a repoir with him. I talk to him pretty often so when I reached out about this he was happy to do it. Similar case with Compton

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Haha well truth is my seats at the Barclays are right next to the media section so one day I introduced my self to Arthur and mentioned my brother is a Journalist for Newsday and he knew of him so that helped build a repoir with him. I talk to him pretty often so when I reached out about this he was happy to do it. Similar case with Compton

So you are saying.. no cupholder questions?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad