My Hart Trophy Winner Today is ...

My Hart Trophy Winner Today is ...

• Total voters

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oil fan and I voted Hughes today. I think he is a big part of the Nucks amazing season so far.

I do think Pasta doesn't get enough love... He has 25 more points than the second leading scorer on the team and the team is awesome.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Father Huggy bear. Brings so much more than just points, but of course, brings a ton of that too.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Mack
Kuch
Pasta

It’s kind of perplexing that there are 4 Canucks on the list… isn’t that kind of indicative that none are deserving of the Hart? I recall many people arguing last season that and a few years ago that they felt McDavid shouldn’t win it because he has Draisaitl on his team. Don’t get me wrong… those Canucks players are all having amazing seasons, just seems hypocritical.

Hellebuyck should be on this list, based on some of the other inclusions.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Demko, Pettersson, Forsberg and Rantanen have no business being in this poll.

It's a coin toss between Kucherov and MacKinnon, but MacKinnon's been due for a major trophy for a while whereas Kucherov already has an Art Ross and Hart.

So I think MacKinnon will take it.

Kucherov needs to outscore MacKinnon by a pretty sizable amount while also leading the Lightning to a playoff spot in order to win.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Mack for me and the race for the other 2 finalist spots will be interesting.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I prefer MacKinnon over Kucherov by a hair. I think MacKinnon has been better and both are pretty equally valuable (imo there’s too much focus on just getting in the playoffs and not enough credit is given for improving a team to a great record).

Third place I think I’d put Hellebuyck over Pasta. Hughes, McDavid and Matthews all in the mix for top 5 votes too.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Pastrnak. Boston is basically the best team in the league and he's by far their most important player. Before the season started they were viewed as done, no first or second center, fringe playoffs. Pastrnak makes sure they're on top again.

Reactions: Aqualung and Play

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Pastrnak. Boston is basically the best team in the league and he's by far their most important player. Before the season started they were viewed as done, no first or second center, fringe playoffs. Pastrnak makes sure they're on top again.

Haven’t they also had really good goaltending though? He’s not the most valuable player in the league anyway, doesn’t make sense to give the trophy to him.

Buck Naked

Can't-Stand-Ya
Aug 18, 2016
Haven’t they also had really good goaltending though? He’s not the most valuable player in the league anyway, doesn’t make sense to give the trophy to him.

Who plays alone in this league?

Like I said. Everyone had Boston outside of the top of the league. The Avs are a serious contender and they're doing exactly what's expected of them. Tampa are worse than they should. Boston, however. Far exceeding their expectations and the one player making sure of that is Pastrnak. The one other player at this point carrying a team like that is Hellebyuck. Neither of them will be a finalist though. MacK is due.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Who plays alone in this league?

Like I said. Everyone had Boston outside of the top of the league. The Avs are a serious contender and they're doing exactly what's expected of them. Tampa are worse than they should. Boston, however. Far exceeding their expectations and the one player making sure of that is Pastrnak. The one other player at this point carrying a team like that is Hellebyuck. Neither of them will be a finalist though. MacK is due.

I think basing MVP voting on expectations for the team before the season isn’t a great system. Is Boston overachieving or were the expectations wrong?

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4