My first 2006 mock draft: no comments

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kings will go BPA again.

Drafting based on team needs when these guys take many years to develop doesn't make much sense.

The Kings have been lucky to catch two big droppers the last two years, hopefully that happens again this season, although I have no idea who might drop.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Herby said:
Kings will go BPA again.

Drafting based on team needs when these guys take many years to develop doesn't make much sense.

The Kings have been lucky to catch two big droppers the last two years, hopefully that happens again this season, although I have no idea who might drop.

I usually agree with the BPA theory....but unless a top 5 player drops to them the Kings need to address their defensive void....because believe the difference between the 7th and 14th pick (in terms of talent) in this draft is so small that teams will look to what there team is lacking.

Also the Kings lack of depth at the defensive position can only get worse (not better) going forward from this point. Herby I am sure even you will acknowledge that the Kings really have very little in the pipeline when it comes to NHL defenseman potential.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The Thrashers will not be taking a defenseman, the farm system is very deep at D right now. I think they take a center.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kings get 11th overall, not 13th. Not sure if you'd have them pick anyone different at that point, though.

drubaca

Feb 28, 2002
South Hamilton, MA
Visit site
Not sure where you got your draft order from, but Columbus is picking 6th, Washington 4th & Boston 5th.

With that said, Boston will take Toews, Backstrom, Stall or Kessell with their 1st pick.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
drubaca said:
Not sure where you got your draft order from, but Columbus is picking 6th, Washington 4th & Boston 5th.

With that said, Boston will take Toews, Backstrom, Stall or Kessell with their 1st pick.

looks like he got his order from the standings on march 25th.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Chfan said:
Montreal has a ton of top offensive prospects, we need defence badly.

Maybe, but we also badly need centers.
This isn't something against Lapierre and Chipchura.
We just need a center and a D.

Emmerton or Williams, depending on who's still available.

Darkhorse pick : Reto Berra :yo:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I just can't see Anaheim go with a goalie. Giguere is arguably a top 10 starter, Bryzgalov is a rising star, and they already have Levasseur, Bouthilette, and the recently signed David McKee. Makes absolutely no sense for them to go with a goalie in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad