28) Dallas- Bobby Hughes F
29) Detroit- Joe Ryan D
30) Ottawa- Brian Strait D

Last edited:

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
wow you have Jesse Joneseu out of the first round completely.

I would think that the canucks if not the teams below them in the standings would love to take him that low

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
xtra said:

I would think that the canucks if not the teams below them in the standings would love to take him that low

I have found that Joenssu continues to drop, and is not a very strong player in general. I would be surprised to see him taken in the second round.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
xtra said:

yeah, i agree! Joensuu is still a 1st rounder IMO

- Also Kessel will EASILY go ahead of Staal.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
Reto Berra in the 1st round? I'm no expert, but isn't he projected to be a mid round pick?

BritSabre

Feb 10, 2006
Reading, UK
clay said:
1)
17) Tampa Bay- Nick Foligno F
18) Minnesota (from Edmonton)- Ty Wishart D

I think Minnesota will try and take Foligno if he's still available because he's worked well with pouliot this year.

Safir*

Atlanta is slipping in the standings and has a good chance to draft Sheppard. I heavily doubt that Waddell picks a defenseman in the first. The team needs centers badly.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Couple of things:

Staal won't be selected by Pittsburgh.

If Vancouver selects Emmerton over Vasyunov I would probably hunt down Nonis and make him fire the scouting staff on the spot.

Joensuu will get a look in the first strictly because of his experience and size. I mean the kid will be a good third liner at the very least.

Also, Ivan Vishnevski and Theo Peckham will get selected in the first round strictly on size, and I don't think it's a bad idea on either two. I mean look at last year, which was heavily geared towards smaller players, Finley and Pokuluk both went WAY before where they were expected.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Fedz said:
Also, Ivan Vishnevski and Theo Peckham will get selected in the first round strictly on size, and I don't think it's a bad idea on either two. I mean look at last year, which was heavily geared towards smaller players, Finley and Pokuluk both went WAY before where they were expected.

Peckham's pretty big, but isn't Vishnevsky only 6'0", 180 lbs?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
SensGuy said:
Am I the only one who thinks St. Louis would draft a forward (probably Kessel) if they got the 1st overall pick?
I think they would draft BPA. They need help anywhere (not G though).

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
SensGuy said:
Am I the only one who thinks St. Louis would draft a forward (probably Kessel) if they got the 1st overall pick?
As mentioned above, the Blues will always go with the best player available.

Now, the question is who they think the BPA is, because last year not many people had Oshie in their top-20 and the Blues had him (IIRC) 12th. And that, I don't have the answer to.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Quincey, Kindl, Meech, Blatak, Detroit already has a core of Fischer still, Kronwall, Lidstrom will resign, and Schneider aint that old, detroit doesnt have a need for another defensemen. We need a big sized RWer or hell maybe even a Big Sized LW, PF style

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Reaper45 said:
No way, if Williams is still on the board, I hope the grab him.

I am still torn between these 2....but from what I have read Sanguinetti will have the best overall game between the 2 and has the potential to be a "franchise" defenseman. I think alot of people like Williams more for his size than his ability.....I don't want the Kings to go down that road again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad