Injury Report: Muzzin out week to week

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I guess lowering yourself so your head gets crushed along the boards where there’s no give compared to the flexible plexiglass is what a scholar with a PhD would do.

Reactions: Sol

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

If Doughty or anyone else did that, they’d still be considered a dumbass for putting themselves in a more vulnerable position.

Alas, a likely broken clavicle has him on the shelf likely for close to a month.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I doubt anything is broken, we would have gotten the month to month description Carter did. I'm on the grade 1 separation bandwagon.

Reactions: KingTrouty

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles

If Doughty or anyone else did that, they’d still be considered a dumbass for putting themselves in a more vulnerable position.

Alas, a likely broken clavicle has him on the shelf likely for close to a month.

I think Muzzin was trying to protect an injury below the neck. So, he sacrificed his head instead...

Reactions: Legionnaire

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
I doubt anything is broken, we would have gotten the month to month description Carter did. I'm on the grade 1 separation bandwagon.
Agreed. He was moving his shoulders on the bench in a manner that I doubt he would be able to do without extreme discomfort had his bone broke. Broken collarbones are 6-8 weeks, usually.

Reactions: Legionnaire

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Muzzin injury less serious than expected. Now can someone photo shop Voynov's head onto Muzzin's body?

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Wait, Gravel has been on the Kings roster this entire time??? So he hasn't even played in a hockey game since February 7?? Great job, Stevens and Blake.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Thought he was moving his shoulders pretty decently on the skate back to the bench once he got up off the ice.

Contrast that with Clifford's injury at the start of the year where it was obvious it was a significant injury to his shoulder. Can check out McNabb when he broke his collar bone a couple of seasons ago as well.

If it is a break of some sort, I'm thinking slight fracture at best.

Reactions: KingTrouty

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Per comments by JS via LaKingsInsider, it doesn't seem like Muzzin's injury is that serious. If he broke something, I think they would immediately say he is done for the season because there is no way you can potentially come back in two weeks from a broken bone.

I think we can win enough games without Muzzin to make the playoffs. If we do make it, I think Muzzin would be ready for game 1.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Who should he have been in for? According to capgeek, he's not exempt anymore either.
No idea but they couldn't have gotten into 1 single game once every other week just to keep the rust off him?? Dress 7 d-men if you need to, not like Kopitar gets less ice time with their better depth now anyways.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
No idea but they couldn't have gotten into 1 single game once every other week just to keep the rust off him?? Dress 7 d-men if you need to, not like Kopitar gets less ice time with their better depth now anyways.

1 game every 2 weeks as the 7th defenseman is going to be enough? Some low number of minutes in 4 games in 2 months is rust proofing? Was anyone talking about the need to play Gravel or LaDue in order to shake the rust off this entire time? Most of the attention has been on winning any single game because of the need for points in the standings. Not what if a d-man gets injured weeks or a month from now. They haven't had the luxury thanks to all the points they haven't gotten.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad