Injury Report: Muzzin out week to week

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Pretty much looking at a "Hope he's ready for Game 1" in the event they make the playoffs.

Of course, making the playoffs just got significantly more difficult.

LaDue is going to get run into the 5th row in Anaheim on Friday. The fact that this game is the second in as many nights is going to make it even tougher without Muzzin.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Pretty much looking at a "Hope he's ready for Game 1" in the event they make the playoffs.

Of course, making the playoffs just got significantly more difficult.

LaDue is going to get run into the 5th row in Anaheim on Friday. The fact that this game is the second in as many nights is going to make it even tougher without Muzzin.
yeah i mean, i'd honestly thinking about bringing macdermid up as the 7D and dressing him for anaheim solely to try and deter that

tough spot

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
If Muzzin wasn't such a dope, he would've absorbed the check just fine. Don't know what the hell he was thinking there when he tried to duck the check...

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
We don't have secondary defensemen of the same caliber as Muzzin to fill his spot. The best thing we can Martinez, Doughty, and Phaneuf pick up more minutes to offset the damage, and have the secondary defensemen step up to the challenge by playing a couple of more minutes per gain (e.g., Folin, Forbort etc.). Also, it's now or never for LaDue to prove he is a top 4 defenseman. Got to step up now that he will be given a shot.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is pretty f***ing terrible really.

Incoming Gravel maybe? I mean I'd prefer LaDue but LHD going down...Folin and Gravel have played together before, Gravel can play both sides, can take some shifts next to Doughty, etc...I love LaDue but he can't fill those roles.

TruKingFan

Two-Time Cup Winner
Aug 16, 2004
Beachfront
folin and ladue better get their asses ready..

I think Folin has played pretty well for a 3rd pairing. It's LaDue who needs to step up - let's give it a shot. Plus, we got perfect LD-RD combos:
Forbort-Doughty
Phaneuf-LaDue
Martinez- Folin

Kings' chances for the playoffs are all-in this week - wins against the Coyotes and the Sucks - and the odds got dramatically better. Lose one or both and Axl can proclaim his now famous prognostication correct - "Kings are done!"

Reactions: Basilisk

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
We’ve seen the Kings win a Series with Regehr and Mitchell out with Shcultz and a gimped Greene in there. With the forward support it’s easier for them to overcome these types of things. It’s not a good thing because Muzzin was playing pretty damn well, but short term this shouldn’t be a problem. If they make it in though, things will get tougher the longer Jake is out.

Gravel would probably be my pick because he plays a safer, more physical game than LaDue. I wouldn’t be upset with LaDue though, he’s been playing well and either one will be given appropriate situations anyways. I don’t think any other defenseman than those two would be considered at this point.

That Phaneuf pickup is proving to be an even better move right now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Muzzin definitely has a left shoulder issue now. Going low didn't help his cause, the boards have a lot less give than the glass.

LaDue is going to get abused by the opposition's forecheck if he has to play heavy minutes.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
We’ve seen the Kings win a Series with Regehr and Mitchell out with Shcultz and a gimped Greene in there. With the forward support it’s easier for them to overcome these types of things. It’s not a good thing because Muzzin was playing pretty damn well, but short term this shouldn’t be a problem. If they make it in though, things will get tougher the longer Jake is out.

Gravel would probably be my pick because he plays a safer, more physical game than LaDue. I wouldn’t be upset with LaDue though, he’s been playing well and either one will be given appropriate situations anyways. I don’t think any other defenseman than those two would be considered at this point.

That Phaneuf pickup is proving to be an even better move right now.

I get what you're saying, but I put very little stock in comparing the current Kings to anything they did in 2014.

Just for fun, 2014 still had 8/6/26/27 with injuries to Regher and Mitchell.

Now it is 8/27/3/24. Give me Muzzin and Voynov over Phaneuf and Forbort every day. I'll also take gimped-up Greene of 2014 over whoever is going into the lineup now.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Fudge!! so does CJS separate Amart-Dion?? to have some experience on each pairing
Forbort-Doughty
Phaneuf-Ladue
Martinez-Folin

that doesn't look too hot....

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
If Muzzin wasn't such a dope, he would've absorbed the check just fine. Don't know what the hell he was thinking there when he tried to duck the check...

I watched the hit a few times and was wondering what was the reason he was ducking a normal check... No reason. What a dumb play

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
If you believe the Dion Alec pair functions rather well, then a Gravel Folin pair is not out of the question.

Reactions: go4hockey

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
The only positive I can think of is maybe put Martinez on the left side and have the ideal LD/RD pairings. Muzzin shouldn't have tried to duck.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
It looked to me like Muzzin was already off balance when he decided to duck. Too easy to second guess from the peanuts gallery. Sucks, but it's hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00