Mustang thread

MikeFolignosHelmet

Fan of the game
Sponsor
Dec 24, 2018
Banner Elk, NC
IMG_2096.JPG

I'm selling my Mustang! $90k and it's yours.

Had some fun with the cool weather. Rolled with a Hellcat and we were pretty even. Beat a few late model Mustangs as well. I love a good street ra.... err. I love participating in the local unsanctioned events.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaLoN

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Recently got to drive a 2019 GT350. No other car I have ever driven even remotely compares to how much fun that was.

That engine is just...incomprehensible for the price. Such a wild combination between the headroom-y, beefy, low-pitched American muscle car sound and the high-revving NA engines I normally lust over. A f***ing Mustang that redlines at 8250 rpm, and it sounds (and feels) great well before you reach that number.

My lord. My freaking lord.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I had a fire engine red fox body convertible with white leather interior. It was slow compared to my LSC which had some work done to it. But, I enjoyed driving it. Some lady cut me off making a left turn and I broadsided her. The thing is had I been driving like a maniac I probably would have avoided the accident. I was pretty banged up from it and the car was totaled.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
parked next to a mustang EV and honestly it doesn't look too bad if judging it as a generic car w/out the Mustang name. it always surprises me how small it is.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
parked next to a mustang EV and honestly it doesn't look too bad if judging it as a generic car w/out the Mustang name. it always surprises me how small it is.
I would never complain about it as just some crossover. It's an insult to the Mustang's heritage though.

Reactions: rynryn

MikeFolignosHelmet

Fan of the game
Sponsor
Dec 24, 2018
Banner Elk, NC
what way are you leaning toward a new rig? The Japameese bike market is pretty hoy , especially mid 80s and 90s sport bikes,, so early 2000s say Honda RC51 will/should be the next to go mental.
Think I'm going to get a little two seat convertible. I would love to find a Honda S600 for sale. 600 CC, 57 horsepower, and revs to 11,000 RPM. Pretty close to a motorcycle. The car even uses a chain drive for the rear suspension.

Would love to buy a modern Mustang for my daily driver as well.

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Think I'm going to get a little two seat convertible. I would love to find a Honda S600 for sale. 600 CC, 57 horsepower, and revs to 11,000 RPM. Pretty close to a motorcycle. The car even uses a chain drive for the rear suspension.

Would love to buy a modern Mustang for my daily driver as well.
I've been thinking about the same but the market is crazy right now. I'm interested only in a Mach 1 with the Tremec and they're few and far between right now.

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Recently got to drive a 2019 GT350. No other car I have ever driven even remotely compares to how much fun that was.

That engine is just...incomprehensible for the price. Such a wild combination between the headroom-y, beefy, low-pitched American muscle car sound and the high-revving NA engines I normally lust over. A f***ing Mustang that redlines at 8250 rpm, and it sounds (and feels) great well before you reach that number.

My lord. My freaking lord.
Is that the one with a super raspy exhaust sound?

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
Is that the one with a super raspy exhaust sound?
It does have a more pronounced sound than the base Mustangs, that's for sure. Much better.

It has the naturally-aspirated (i loves me some NA Mustang V8) Voodoo flat-plane V8, makes over 500 hp and redlines at a touch over 8000 rpm. It's geared long so you get to hear it for a while. Definitely has body roll, maybe the 350R has less body roll but I can't attest to that and those are rare and expensive.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It does have a more pronounced sound than the base Mustangs, that's for sure. Much better.

It has the naturally-aspirated (i loves me some NA Mustang V8) Voodoo flat-plane V8, makes over 500 hp and redlines at a touch over 8000 rpm. It's geared long so you get to hear it for a while. Definitely has body roll, maybe the 350R has less body roll but I can't attest to that and those are rare and expensive.
who are those bums in your avatar? lol

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
No, apologies for the insensitive joke, no offense intended.
understood , In july I had the ambulance ride and 2 stints put in my arteries around my hart.I just happened ,im in good shape , very active ,good diet [ I eat like an Olympian now] The Dr said im good to go but I worry now if I get light headed... Have to trust my body again.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

Apr 30, 2021
understood , In july I had the ambulance ride and 2 stints put in my arteries around my hart.I just happened ,im in good shape , very active ,good diet [ I eat like an Olympian now] The Dr said im good to go but I worry now if I get light headed... Have to trust my body again.
Jesus brother I had no idea.

I've been near death before for a different reason but holy crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad